Lordy Lordy, Now I am 40!

susiestar

Roll With It
Yup. I turned 40 today. Not a real big deal. Apparently a few years ago I said I was not turning 40. Today it is not a big deal to me.

We are doing cake at my parent's house tonight. I will let you know what all I get. problem won't be a lot from husband. We have already done a lot. The house cleaning was really enough for me.

Hugs to all!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Happy Birthday To You!:flowers:
Happy Birthday To You!:princess:
Happy Birthday, Susiestaaaaarrrrrr!:flower:
Happy Birthday To Yoouuuuuuuuuuuuu! :gifts:

I'm going to buy a lottery ticket on your behalf today.... If this isn't a lucky number day (09/09/09), I don't know what is! :future::st_patrickguy:

susiestar

Roll With It
I didn't know we HAD a calendar until 2 days ago! I will put it on their. I just didn't want to get yelled at for not mentioning it!

Star*

call 911........call 911
40 what? :tongue:

(running......faster........faster.........faster......man look at her go.....) :surprise:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Susie, I turned 49 back in July and I think I've got SOCKS older than you are, LoL.

My mum, who is 74, proudly acknowledges her age. She reminds me of what the alternative to having birthdays is!

graceupongrace

Happy birthday, Susie!

Let's see... if 50 is the new 30, then 40 must be the new 20, right?! So technically, you could get carded if you order a drink! lol!

:D

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
40? Is that all- you're young enough to be my daughter! Don't expect any sympathy from me! :D

Happy Birthday, Susie.

Hugs,
Suz

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't ned sympathy or even mind being 40. I just am glad to be alive and able to enjoy my family.

40 is still young. I apparently had a problem with it a couple of years ago, but no problem now. Not after all the health crud. I got to see the alternative a bit too closely and now I truly am thankful to wake up each day!

I got some kick-tush gifts! A giftcard, some really neat books including "How Not to Become A Little Old Lady", "Geezer Factory Murders" by Corinne Holt Sawyer, "April Fool's Dead" by Carolyn Hart, a few I don't remember the titles of (I just ADORE books!).

I also got Law and Order SVU season 3 from Jessie and JD Robb "Promises In Death" audiobook on CD - UNABRIDGED from husband and the kids.

The gifts that just stunned me came from my mom and dad. They gave me the Geezer book and wrapped in a beautiful silk handkerchief were 2 jewelry boxes. One had tanzanite and diamond earrings that made a flower. The other box had the matching necklace. I put the earring on right away! They are delicate and stunning. I LOVE tanzanite. My mom bought them 3 years ago for this birthday!!

They also ordered 2 boxes of cookie dough from thank you's school fundraiser. And they will order from my niece also. She has the teacher that thank you had when he was in 1st grade.

So that is the birthday wrap up!

Thanks for all the wonderful wishes. I truly appreciate each and every one of you.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I'm so glad it was such a nice day!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Happy Birthday Susie!!! You're only 40? (Not that you appear to be older...) Now *I* feel old.

I hope you had a wonderful day. Personally, I would have posted that you turned 30 today. ;) Then you can feign ignorance on mistakes you made because you haven't grown up yet.

Abbey