May have done the wrong thing here today

StressedM0mma

I had to forcefully get difficult child daughter dressed today. She did not want to go to school. She is so deep in her depression that all she wants to do is sleep. I actually called her off of school today, and told her she could sleep untill her dentist appointment. My husband and I did make her sign a contract that she will get up and go to school tomorrow and Monday, be on time and stay the entire day. My husband did tell her that if she refuses to go tomorrow that he will have the police come and take her.

At this point I am just trying to make it through each day with her. I feel like we are treading water and barely keeping our heads above.

buddy

Do you think you could find a teen hospital program for her? She sounds like she needs very intensive care right now. There are inpatient and outpatient, she may need inpatient if she can't even wake up enough to get out of bed and later step down to outpatient. They can help coordinate services to get back to school with supports then too. If it was me, I would feel this was over my head becasue it is a medical issue. Behavior contracts may not be enough. Of course only you know, just offering an idea. {{{hugs to you and hubby}}}} Buddy