Maybe I overdid it a bit :(

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by dstc_99, Jun 17, 2015.

1. dstc_99

dstc_99 Well-Known Member

Just realized that I did the following already this year:
    1. Changed jobs when I didn't want to and now work much harder for the same pay.
    2. Paid for a trip for 4 to Puerto Rico to attend my brothers wedding with less than two months notice.
    3. Spent said trip in a house full of family. In particular my very difficult aunt, her very difficult friend, and my very difficult mom and Difficult Child. Top that off with my father who I haven't been very happy with for a while now.
    4. Took in a foster child for 3-4 weeks and got her to multiple court dates and doctor appointments.
    5. Best friend and family moved to the other end of the country.

Maybe there is a reason I am irritable and stressed right now? I have jumped through a ton of hoops already this year. I know that mental health wise I needed the medication change I got this morning but maybe I also have a right to be worn out from dealing with all this drama?

Dang I need a nap :)

2. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Yes you do!

It's SO hard to look after ourselves. But we have to... somehow.

3. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

I would have pulled the trigger by now.

4. Californiablonde

Californiablonde Well-Known Member

You have every right to feels stressed right now. Sending gentle hugs and prayers your way.

5. dstc_99

dstc_99 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I tend to just do things and no realize how much I am doing. Then it catches up with me and whamo!