Meet the Mentor

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by flutterby, Jun 4, 2009.

1. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

This is my stepdad.

2. Mattsmom277

Mattsmom277 Active Member

What an inspirational man! I think he's going to be such a force in alot of lives. Sometimes parents and teachers can instill dreams in disabled children as much as they want, but it makes all the difference to meet someone like your step father who is living PROOF that he can, that THEY CAN. He is successful in ways many wouldn't believe they ever could be. Its wonderful that he choosing to mentor. He's going to touch alot of lives. You must be very proud of him :)

3. judi

judi Active Member

Wow - what an inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

4. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Very cool! What an inspiration he is.

5. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

I think you've posted about him before haven't you? I love his stuff! Does he sell his pieces? I'd love to have one or two.

6. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

I like his pieces too. He's awesome - and handsome.

7. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

How proud you all must be! DDD

8. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Wow. I'm at a loss for words. How lucky you are to have him in your life as an inspiration.

Abbey

9. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

What a great way to give back by mentoring students.
    He is doing a great thing. You should be proud of him. He is opening doors that are often left closed.
    If he can do it, then everyone can do something. No poor, poor me. I will save this for my difficult child.

10. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Wow he is so cool!
    When my Step-Grandpa went blind he remained bitter and abusive most of his life.
    Which was sad, he was an incredible wood worker also.
    He finally came to terms when he was in his 70's or so. He started taking kids fishing.