My doggie died

Sara PA

Just like that. I'm stunned. I went shopping this morning and when I came back two hours later Jake was lying in the cool basement on the cold concrete floor -- his favorite place on a hot day -- dead. He was (seeemingly) healthly, playful, completely normal when I left. He was a 7 1/2 year old Siberian Husky. He was really my son's dog and that was obvious every time he came home for a visit. Jake picked my son when we went to the Humane Society, and my son was thrilled to be Jake's choice. They loved each other. Jake helped my son heal and move forward. I loved that dog and I'm really going to miss him.

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG, Sara. I am SOOO sorry. What a horrible thing to come home to and deal with. I love huskies.

Major hugs going your way.

Abbey

M

ML

((((Sara)))) I am very sorry for your loss. Our animals can be some of our greatest teachers of unconditional love. I know you will miss him greatly. Big hugs ML

Andy

Oh!! I am so sorry :( It is so hard to loose a pet especially when it is unexpected.

It is going to be hard to tell your son.

klmno

Wow, Sara, I am so sorry. I wonder what on earth could have caused it- he wasn't that old and if he was not in the heat, that seems so odd. At least he passed in a favorite spot and probably very confortable- maybe even sleeping soundly. I know that doesn't take away the shock or pain. Does your son know yet?

donna723

Oh Sara, I am so sorry! What a shock to lose one so suddenly and unexpectedly like that!

I know how quickly they become members of the family and how devestating it can be to lose them. Sending lots of understanding hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sara,

My sincerest condolences for the loss of your furperson. I hope you are able to find strength in knowing your pup will have plenty of ice cold floors and biscuits forever.

Hugs to you and to Jake - You'll never find another who'll love you like a dog.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
oh gosh I am so sorry, at least he was not suffering, but that doesn't make it easier on you or your son.

Prayers of sympathy to you and your family

muttmeister

I'm so sorry. They really are members of the family and losing a family member that suddenly and unexpectedly is a shock. Hopefully, he'll be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. Hugs!

witzend

I'm so sorry for your and difficult child's loss. Those furballs are the best members of our families sometimes. Selves included!

Sara PA

Thank you, everyone.

I called my son right away. He was, of course, devastated. Fortunately he had been here for a visit last month and got to spoil Jake silly for two weeks. And Jake got to shower him with kisses. At the time, I thought that visit was badly timed. Now I don't think so.

Steely

Oh Sara...........I am so, so sorry. Words cannot convey my sympathy.
I lost my kitty a couple of years ago, and I was struck by the depth of my grief over my him. I don't think we realize how much they have wrapped their paws around our heartstrings until they are gone.

Hugs.

TerryJ2

Ohhhhhhhh, I'm so sorry.
And so suddenly so you couldn't prepare.
I'm glad your son got to visit last month. Small blessings.