My Mother...

tiredmommy

had a biopsy and endoscopy earlier today. She has lung cancer. It's terminal; she has six months give or take. :(

smallworld

TM, I'm so sorry. My own mother is struggling with the same illness, and there's no doubt about it, it's the pits. Hugs to you.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm very sorry about the news. :crying: I hope her doctors keep her comfortable. I hope you get a chance to spend some quality time with her before she's gone. Sending many gentle hugs....

gcvmom

Here we go again!
TM, that makes this even harder for you. I once had a therapist who told me that losing an abusive parent is harder than losing one with whom you had a close relationship. We grieve doubly the loss of the parent and the loss of the relationship we never had and never will have with them.

Please know we are here for you to lean on for support.

M

ML

I am so very sorry to hear this.

I lost my father to this disease in 2003 at age 64. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{TM}}} I'm so sorry. Despite the difficult relationship you had with your mom, it's still very sad. I pray that they keep her comfortable and you reach out when you need to. Hugs~

Fran

Former desparate mom
TM, I'm so sorry. It's a difficult diagnosis and a difficult time. The best you can do is try to come to terms and be able to say good bye with some sense of peace and closure.
Hugs. I know that sinking feeling when you realize they won't be with you forever even if they make you nuts. (at least mine did).