My six year old difficult child is driving me crazy.....

snees

My son has never been diagnosis with anything except sensory disorders, ADHD, and is very verbally delayed. I suspect autism. He is social and acts inappropriately with other kids, touches inappropriate and is now stemming in his words and periodically talks jibberish. I have two other kids that are both ADHD as well. I started my difficult child with his twin sister in a soccer group for special needs kids and it went very well for him. In fact he did so much better than his sister who can be a bit oppositional. Anyway, his verbal issue with stemming has really gotten significant. My husband had him today so I could get some work done and he is really acting different than usual. I am losing sleep over my worry with him. He has been in behavior therapy and doing awesome and I think he knows enough to not do the talking until he gets home from school. I don't know what else to do for him and I worry about long term what will happen to him. Also, it was nice to be with other parents with kids just like mine at the soccer. We are all comparing if our kids could actually make a friend. I am just so sad...

BusynMember

Hi there. Sounds like Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) to me too. What is stemming? Do you mean stimming?

Can you tell us more about your twins? Their infancy? When you first noticed something? If they are in special interventions besides soccer (is this Special Olympics?) I don't think it's a good idea at this early date to worry about the future, which is unpredictable. Tell us more about your daughter too. Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) presents differently in girls. Maybe she is Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) also. ODD isn't very helpful, diagnosis-wise. Have you seen a neuro-psychiatric? Are the twins on medications? If so, do they help?