Need a small, very portable printer

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I need to purchase a small printer that is very "travel-friendly". I spent an entire day of my vacation trying to find a place to print a letter, and I really think that's not going to be an isolated incident. It will also be used for my shooting club.

It does not have to be fast. Does need to print nice letters. Doesn't even really have to be color. Needs to be small, but print letter size paper.

Anyone have any experience with such a thing?

KTMom91

Miss KT has an HP printer/copier/scanner that she got at Target several months ago. She says if you just want the print capability, there's an HP Deskjet D1660 at Target for $29.09, and it's a tiny one.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
HP makes several models that are designed to work with laptops under travel conditions. They are nothing fancy, but should do what you need done. They are also very inexpensive.

susiestar

Roll With It
If you will be able to hook into a standard power source instead of a battery power source, I recommend a small cheap regular printer. They do make laptop printers that are about the size of a box of saran wrap, but from the little I have heard about them they are not very easy to use or durable. The people I know who are "road warriors" (travel for business a lot) who end up in places with-o a lot of printing places (kinko's etc...) all use a small regular printer. It may not be as durable as one of the "mobile printers" like Trinity suggested but at $30-$50 they can be replaced 5 times before they reach the cost of the travel printer. They also require cheaper ink cartridges.

Be SURE to take the cost of ink cartidges into account when you price printers.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
i had an hp1440 because the size was perfect but it was just tempermental from the word go. sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, and it left the shooters high and dry this weekend because it wouldn't work.

anyone actually had one they hauled around that worked well?