Need Prayers, Board JuJu, Anything You Got

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Got into my safe this morning to go pick up some xmas scores. Now I know most people don't do this but my money (not gonna say how much but not a lot) is kept in a safe at the house. Now it's kept in an envelope with details of every time I take cash out, date and what it's for ect written on the outside of the envelope. Travis' money is done the same way. I do it this way so that little bit of money can be used for bills and the house payment.

This is all the money I have in the world, people. I could no more survive on what easy child pays me even if I cut everything down to ultra bare minimum with Travis helping. (which he already does) My income from watching the boys is about a third of what is paid out each month. And I've already got most of the bills down as far as they'll go. That is why that stash of cash is so vitally important. And why I had to remove it from the bank into a safe before it was totally gone to get any help at all.

I never move that envelope from the safe. I always lock the safe after I get into it. Same for Travis. We've kept it on the dining room table. (probably not brilliant but made it easier to get to in a hurry) The crime rate here is basically zilch. Plus I've got the dogs.......and anyone in the general area knows Molly's reputation for keeping burglars out, old or not. And frankly I'm home 90 percent of the time. House is locked due to M.

This morning I go to the safe with my keys. It's unlocked. I find that odd. I reach in for my envelope but it's not there. I go through every single paper in there. Nope. (we keep ss cards, birth certificates ect in there) I erupt like a volcano. Which brings Travis running downstairs. I look to see if his envelope is gone too. Nope it's still there. I make him count his cash. All his cash is there. (our envelopes are in there on top of each other) He goes through every paper in there looking because I'm off on a tirade. He's trying to tell me to calm down, I'm over reacting. Uh, no I'm not. Our survival depends on that envelope full of cash!!

So he asks if maybe I put it somewhere and forgot. Ok, folks, I have a cruddy memory. I concede that. But I swear to all that is holy I am not going to remove an envelope with 6 grand in it and put it somewhere and walk off! I'm forgetful, not a blathering idiot! Last time I got into the safe I was going shopping with easy child. I removed 100.00 just in case I needed it. I marked it on the envelope, locked the safe and headed out the door. I didn't wind up using the money that day because she paid me and I didn't need it. That was 3 days ago. I've not been near the safe since. I stay away from it unless forced to take money out. (avoid temptation)

I called Nichole cuz she was going with me today to cancel. I have 30 bucks in my wallet. I can't buy squat for xmas. easy child had texted me over something else.......and I texted her back that the money was missing. She said she'd have sister in law ask Darrin if maybe he took it.......some childish whim thing.

It's odd my money is gone, yet Travis' is still there. No way would Travis take it, he has more money than I do at the moment and has no need for it. Not that he'd take it anyway cuz he wouldn't.

My monthly utility bills are due, plus car insurance. Next week is the house payment..........

I have got to find that money. If I don't, well.......let's just say I'm in major trouble. :( So please pray we find it. For the first time in my life I'm hoping Darrin did it. I will hug and kiss him if he did........I'm not even sure if I could manage to be mad at him if I could get the cash back.

Last edited by a moderator:

klmno

OMG- I hope you find it soon. A few days after E died, I couldn't find my bank card or driver's license- I was a total lunatic until I found them so I know what it feels like. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

DammitJanet

Oh Lisa! I can so understand what you are going through. I find it odd that the safe was unlocked because I know how those of us that have memory issues tend to stick to routines like glue so we dont make mistakes. It is the only way we can function.

Who else knows about your money being in that safe? Is there anyone who would take yours but not Travis's? Were they marked as to who's was who's? Well Im pretty sure someone in your family would recognize your handwriting on yours if you didnt also mark it on Travis's.

What coat did you wear? Jeans? Check pockets, drawers, all coats, behind couches, in between the cushions, in the dog kennel, strip the bed. Also go out to the car and look between the seats and down in the place where the seat meets the back where it can slip to the back floorboard. Check under the safe. Look in the bushes in the yard in case it stuck to something and fell off between the house and the car. Do you carry a purse? Dump it and look and then do it twice more. Sometimes the lining actually ends up loose and you dont realize it.

Just throwing things out.

DDD

I'm sending everything I got your way. I actually am feeling your stress because I live on a thin line too. Fingers crossed. I "know" this sounds bizarre but perhaps the police could take prints before the safe gets all smudged. If a bad guy took it they need to be confronted. Prayers still flowing. Hugs DDD

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Hoping you find it. I was going suggest looking everywhere Janet said just because I have found missing things that way too.

Try and retrace your steps when you got the money out the other day, maybe you laid the envelope somewhere while you got your purse, coat, car keys, a drink if water or went potty before you left that day.

InsaneCdn

don't forget to check inside shoes (because it's amazing the things I find when I go to put on shoes I haven't worn for quite some time)

DDD

Hound, I just read your post from last night about your "Elf" success. Maybe if you reread your own post it will trigger something that will help. When I misplace something I always have to "start at the beginning" and then trace my movements step by step. Hoping it helps. DDD

donna723

Lisa, are your dogs the kind that pick things up and carry them off? You wouldn't believe some of the things I've found in the dog crates! Praying hard here too ...

Last edited:

DammitJanet

DDD, that is what I am thinking too.

The safe I used to have was a combination safe but also had a key in case I forgot the combination. I kept the key in a hidden location. My safe locked behind itself when I closed the door back. Does the safe lock automatically?

Another question, who has been in the house since you last saw the money. You dont seem to have a ton of company coming in and out. If no one has been in the house, then it has to still be there. Remember the envelop of money I lost back in August? I actually found it in my purse. Strange and I do think someone found it in the house and put it in there for me to find but it had to be in the house.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Donna, if Maggie got it.............it's been digested by now. But I'd have found evidence of that as in shreds of 100 dollar bills. Nope. Crate is clean as a whistle, only has her bed in it. (which is removed every morning so she won't chew on it) Molly wouldn't consider it.

No way it's in the car. That envelope has never left the house, never been in my purse (except when I emptied the bank acct). I wouldn't even consider carrying that much cash.......even in a rush. I make easy child wait on me when I lock up the safe, even if she's honking the neighborhood down. I never put anything into coat pockets. I lose stuff that way......and none of the pockets are large enough to hold the envelope. Travis went through the toy box, the end tables in the living room, couch cushions, under couches, even the drawers of the antique sewing machine I have in the dingingroom. Of course both my desks were searched completely at least 3 times.

Frankly, I'm out of places to look. Although I'm nitty gritty cleaning because 1. it's keeping me from going off the deep end and 2. it's how I find things. I now have the cleanest bathroom cabinet on the planet. ugh Yup, that type of cleaning.

Poor Travis. He says, "Well, Mom, we're no worse off than before I got my ss back pay." I told him I was freaking then, I mean I don't normally show it. And I don't consider his money mine in any way shape or form. I know he was trying to make me feel better. And I know he'll help, but that will just make me feel worse. :(

I'm out of places to search. easy child had sister in law ask Darrin plus search his room ect and came up empty. I'm not really surprised. He's not prone to such things that I know of and I've taught him if he finds money to bring it to me, I don't care if it's a penny. And he knows change I'll often let him have as long as he brings it to me first. But I was so hoping that for some ungodly kid reason he'd taken it just so we'd find it and my nervous breakdown could stop.

If it's here, I will find it........eventually. But my life will be total hades until I do. If it's not here............I have no clue what I'll do. I'm going to my last ditch effort place with Nichole on monday for a job. The factory that pays well but the hours are a bit grueling. I was trying for other work first. But obviously that is not going to happen. I was going there anyway next week.......but this makes it desperate that I land that job.

DDD

Mixed in with newspapers, magazine pages or perhaps a book......or perhaps you used that area to wrap some of your new purchases for Christmas?????? Still trying to think....Hugs DDD

Calamity Jane

I can't believe this is happening to you. I wish there was something I could do to really help, but pls. know I'm sending all the juju in the world to help you find the envelope. OMG.

DammitJanet

Lisa, slow down now and stop looking. Let Fred come to you. This just may be a sign that you absolutely need to file for SS to get YOUR back pay because something else is coming where you need more money than that.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, I am done looking until easy child shows up after work to put a "new set of eyes" to the search.

If Fred is coming............well, he'd better get his booty in gear and let me know where that money is or when I get to the other side he'll have my foot up his rear. (I'm not so sure I'm joking) As you know getting SS is not easy to do and can take forever, even if I filed my app today I can't hang my hopes there.

I'm out of places to look. I've searched every reasonable and totally ridiculous place. Maybe easy child will have better luck.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Oh hound, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I really, really hope it does turn up! Unfortunately dogs actually like the scent of money and though you said you'd probably see the shreds of it by now, you may not. It can be completely digested from acids and/or may not have gotten through the system yet if it's particularly slow at the moment. If for any reason the time you happen to leave it out was any time period it "might" be possible. Money can have a "poop" smell to it and we all know that dogs are highly attracted to that smell. I'm praying really hard that this is not the case but I did have a dog that did that to us. Just not the amount your talking.

How about under the safe? You probably already looked there.