Need some good thoughts from you all

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by SunnyFlorida, Aug 4, 2007.

1. SunnyFlorida

SunnyFlorida Active Member

Although I've got some extra energy and a happy face these days (thanks Zoloft :smile:) here's what I need

difficult child 1 is unhappy that he doesn't get to see his son more. Well gee whiz, if ya work, go to school, and keep clean...maybe the mediatiation would have given you more than the one day a week and every other weekend. But gee, that's only a standard agreement and you didn't have any back child support to pay :hammer:

difficult child 2 is doing quite well. He's off on a vacation this week with 2 other couples and his girlfriend.

Please send me some extra good luck that everything goes ok for difficult child 2 and that difficult child 1 gets some "sense"

2. KFld

KFld New Member

Here's sending some good thoughts and prayers your way. Sounds like difficult child 2 may be finding his way. Hopefully difficult child 1 will do that eventually so that you can have some peace all around.

3. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

You know that I'm on your team. I have no idea how to get difficult child 1
    to "get it". This may be a bit off the wall but here is an idea
    you might try. Ready??

How 'bout trying to direct him toward creating or building something for his son to enjoy during the limited time they are
    together. Then...in theory...he could be focused on being a Dad
    and demonstrating his love when his son was not present. What
    project??? Don't ask me. I have no idea. I'm just a darn good
    motivator for others to do things that I don't even understand.

LOL, DDD

4. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

I like DDD's idea! Sending good thoughts yor way. -RM

5. PonyGirl

PonyGirl Warrior Parent

Good thougths coming your way my friend!

Peace

6. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Aww, Sunny, I thought things were calming down for you.

Why can't our difficult children figure things out? What seems obvious to us just doesn't occur to them.

I'm sending good thoughts.

~Kathy

7. TYLERFAN

TYLERFAN New Member

Praying for difficult child 2 to get some sense!!!!!!! :hammer: :hypnosis:

Hang in there Sunny :flower:

Blessings,
    Melissa :angel:

8. Ephchap

Ephchap Active Member

I'm so sorry to hear difficult child isn't doing so well, Sunny. I like DDD's idea about building something or some type of project for his son. Not sure what that could be either, but it sounds like a good plan.

Hope difficult child 2 enjoys himself!

Sending hugs and many good thoughts your way,
    Deb

9. gottaloveem

gottaloveem Active Member

I'm thinking about you and hoping your days are feeling brighter.

10. standswithcourage

standswithcourage New Member

Heres sending some extra good luck for you! I know it will happen!

11. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

You know what?

You always send people sunny hugs. You could use some now. So, sunny hugs from me to you.

12. SunnyFlorida

SunnyFlorida Active Member

Thanks all.

Haven't heard from difficult child 2 yet. I don't think he knows he has to do something to his phone and he'll have service where he's at. I texted him, but I betcha it's going to be no news is good news.........which is fine, actually it's normal and wonderful.

We had to send a letter to exgf's lawyer as she was threatening not to allow difficult child 1 his 2nd week of summer overnight visitation with grandbaby. Her lawyer has responded and she backed down.

The mediation agreement is a guideline, but it is also a minimum benefit package, he cannot receive less than what was agreed upon. Xgf, of course, wants everything her way and is not very good at negotiating.

While I do stay out of it, WE provided guidance, and of course funding, and told him to contact the lawyer.

I'll be glad when difficult child 1's school starts the end of August. difficult child 2 will be seeking employment as he finished his training for heavy duty bus/diesel mechanic :smile: