New Avenue for Extra Income??

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't know if any of you have heard of these sites. I just learned about them.

Elance.com and guru.com are ways to find freelance jobs online. There are a reasonably wide range of available jobs. It might be a way for some of us to find extra income or even several jobs to make up for being laid off??

Hope it helps someone!

klmno

Thanks- I will check them out. I responded to a bunch of ads for employment today, online, and only heard back from 3 that all turned out to be scams. At least I assume they were scams because they advertised a certain local position then emailed back saying I had to set up a paypal account or apply online with my personal info and CC number, etc. It would be so nice to actually find something advertised that was actually a legitamite job that I had one chance of getting!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Just a word of caution--

Elance takes a percentage of your earnings--whether the job actually paid you or not! IOW - you can take the job, do the work, get stiffed on the money, and then owe Elance a fee!

Be very careful if you decide to try it. Lots of scammers out there trying to take advantage of people who are desparate for work....and using sites like these to find them.

susiestar

Roll With It
It is always a good idea to check anything like that out with the Better Business Bureau and the State's Attorney's Office. And google. All I know about these sites is what I posted, so it is good to hear about any potential for scams or problems.

M

Mamaof5

Freelancer.com - free to bid, they don't take money until you get paid (a percentage) and free to sign up.