New here and scared

Gaia

Hi. I found this forum when I googled the book "The Explosive Child". I just started reading it a few days ago. My name is Laura. I am a part-time working mother of 2. My oldest is 10, she is not a easy child, but she is not the difficult child that brought me here. My son, he is 5. *sigh* I am still having a hard time opening myself up. Maybe I will just take a look around....

hey i'm new here too and my son is 6 we're all here for you whenever you are ready to talk and just remember no matter what we say nobody is judging you or your family we have all been through our own living hell we love you even if we don't know you

smallworld

Gaia,

Welcome! I'm glad you found us. I think you'll find that none of us will be surpised by what you have to say and most likely will very much relate to what you're going through. When you feel comfortable, please let us know what's going on with your 5-year-old so we can point you in the right direction for help.

Again, welcome.

TerryJ2

Hi, welcome. I'm sure you'll get an eyeful reading our posts! And I agree, the younger kids forum might be more beneficial. Good luck!

navineja

First, welcome to the board!
I looked for a long time too, before posting. Everyone has been great and very helpful. If something is not understood, questions are asked, but only to be able to help more. I have not seen anyone who is judgemental or harsh, just loving and supportive.

Naomi
PS I have 2 difficult children age 6.

busywend

Welcome! No hurry, post more when you are ready.

Meantime - have you found 'The Chandler Papers' yet? Check out the FAQ section of the site.

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey, I KNOW what it is like to have a 5yo driving you nuts. I am so sorry you are having problems. I am so glad you found us, we are a great bunch. Everyone here is supportive, and we have ALL been through the wars. Take your time opening up. As you look around you will be amazed at some of what we have each dealt with.

Sending hugs and prayers!

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Welcome! Why are you scared? You haven't even seen me! haha.

If you're scared of your kid - don't be. Look around, get educated and make sure you stay on top of his behaviors. Start a journal with times and dates right away so you will have a reference point if you need to see a psychiatric doctor and not just a mom going on and on about bad behavior. (believe me it's worth it to write stuff down now)

Good luck - welcome - and come back often. We're really a nice group.

tinamarie1

Welcome to the board. This is a great place you have found. I can only describe these people as life savers. I joined when my difficult child son was about 5 yrs old and I was hanging by a thin thread. We have been through alot here, and trust me nothing you tell us will be that shocking. Our kids have pretty much done and said it all and been through alot.
We are here to support you and would never judge you...I promise!
I agree with Star (aka: the loan ranger), keep a journal. It will help so much when going for doctor visits and putting your thoughts in order.
((hugs))
Tina

everywoman

Believe me, you can say nothing that we haven't heard at least once before. Most of us are you---our kids are different ages---we are from different places---but we all all fighting the same battles! Welcome.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning & welcome! I hope our little corner of the cyber world can help you find answers; become more comfortable with your difficult child.

You'll find parenting a difficult child is quite different; a challenge. And can be rewarding when you see the results of all the efforts put forth for your child.

Again welcome.

Nina

Welcome, I think you'll find comfort in this site and forum. Sometimes its helpful just to read the posts, it tends to put things in perspective when you realize your not alone and others have similar issues and concerns.

As for your difficult child, have faith and always remember the good times over the bad.

Anna1345

Hey there! I am new too and needed a place where I could vent, find ideas, get and give support, etc. You are not alone and you are not a bad parent. Hang in there and I can't wait to get to know you better!