New Star thread

Tiapet

Old Hand
The other thread was getting quite long. I talked to her that last 2 nights via text. As if things weren't going hard enough...:(

2 nights ago her van decided to C*ap out! That's the one they use with the lift for DF. She took to mechanic because it was overheating. He said he didn't think it was really fixable but it was the radiator, maybe water pump and she/he thinks it's leaking out of the block. :( She's in a very tight spot and needing a vehicle but not in the position to get a new used one at this point in time.

The better news is that DF might get to come home tomorrow. Thanks to Mr. Wonderful dr it seems that Df will get medications at home with a nurse to also help. I guess the idea of having to keep him in hospital with a huge bill for 8 weeks stay did the trick! :) They would much rather pay a smaller amount to do things the right way then the wrong way!

To say she is stressed is an understatement! She needs lots of loving and support to help ride this out. I tried giving some ideas as I could for the vehicle situation but at this point in time she truly is in a rock and a hard place.

cubsgirl

Awww....I'm glad that DF might get to go home soon but sorry to hear that there is yet another stressor in Star's life. Thanks for the update - all the good juju I can muster I am sending her way.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad df might be coming home, so sorry about the car problem-she sure doesn't need this on top of other things.

DammitJanet

Im gonna put this here because I just saw the commercial on TV...Parabasic...that is the name of the ambulance service that will come and take a person from their home back and forth to doctor appts if they need specialized transportation. His insurance should cover it.

DDD

If Starbie reads this (how to heck she would have time I don't know, lol) I just want to say that I'm sorry all the doo doo is hitting at once. on the other hand...you've proven your mettle before and as tiring as it is you can do it again. I know you can suck it up and find "some" reason to smile. Hugs my friend. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Glad Dr Charming convinced them! Also glad DF is well enough to come home... Where's that fairy wand to BOP that van into shape?!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm also glad that DF is doing well enough to go home. I'm heartsick over the broken van though. I wish there was some way we could help. Hugs, Star, love, hang in there.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so glad DF is doing well enough they are considering discharge. Sounds like Dr Prince Charming is a keeper (if it's possible).

So sorry to hear about the van though. That sux major. Wish you were close enough I could loan you sister in law, he could at least do it for parts and has a talent for finding them at the cheapest possible price. (yet another reason for you to move back to ohio, dear )

Around here we have churches that will help with such things. You call the pastor, let him know the problem......and they see if there is anyone in the congregation that can help. There usually is, either with loaning a vehicle or raising funds for repairs, or even someone willing to do the work for free, even if they have to call around to other churches for added help. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask.

((hugs))

buddy

Oh good, get him out of the germy hospital! I hope he can relax and improve from home. Take care of yourself Star!!!

Star,

I love that doctor!! Hoping today is the day your DF gets to go home!!

As for the van, so sorry... I like Janet's suggestion of checking into Parabasic. If we could wish something and make it a reality, I know you would have a brand new beautiful van waiting for you in your driveway...

As always, thinking of you, praying for you and your family... Hugs... SFR

TerryJ2

Haahahaaha! I knew that dr's order would convince them! LOVE it!

Way To Go, DF. So sorry, Star, about the vehicle. Sounds like no choice but to have it fixed. Fingers crossed.

InsaneCdn

He said he didn't think it was really fixable but it was the radiator, maybe water pump and she/he thinks it's leaking out of the block
water pump - fixable, not megga dollars.
radiator - gonna cost ya
leaking out of the block... well, either the mechanic is a blockhead and doesn't know what he's saying, or the van is a blockhead and just gave up on ya. (trust me, you don't want to pay somebody to replace the block...)

No, I'm not a mechanic. I just live with one.