Not holding my breath but...

P

PatriotsGirl

Now, mind you, I did not talk to difficult child the whole time I was away. She tried calling a couple of times, but I did not answer. I was taking a vacation from everything that is stressful, and that includes difficult child. However, I did check her FB and saw this post:
"i got the job at waffle house in candler! ive decided to get clean. so i will be deleting the majority of the people on my Facebook so if your wondering why were not friends on here that's why...

the way i have been living my life is not getting me anywhere and im making myself and the people i love miserable. im tiered of the dependencies issues ive been dealing with. no one owes me anything and to those of you who
believe i take advantage of you im truely sorry i have not been more appreciative.

what have i become my s weetest friend everyone e i know goes away in the end you could have my thoughts i will let you down and you could have it all if i"

She posted last night that she had work again today at 9am and was looking for a ride there and offered gas money. Things could be looking up. I could tell from her posts that A Hole has not been in contact with her and I looked at her phone records and they have not been in contact at all. She posted that she loves him but maybe now, she can get her life on track. I pray that is true and I am praying she is finding her way, but I have not said anything to her (I have had my hopes up too many times only to have them dashed so this time, I will wait and see what happens).

So I had a wonderful, albeit extremely busy vacation, and now back to reality! :)

DDD

Wouldn't it be awesome if she really has had a light bulb moment of consequence? Fingers crossed. Hugs DDD

P

PatriotsGirl

Wouldn't it be awesome if she really has had a light bulb moment of consequence? Fingers crossed. Hugs DDD

I know she went to court and it was continued until August. I also know she was staying at a motel that had bad roaches so she slept outside twice. Maybe that is what finally did her in. She just called me on her way to work because they need two forms of indentification and she only has her license. They are giving her a week. husband offered to take her birth certificate to her work later today. :D I am afraid to hope, but gosh, I can't help it...

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Roaches would do it for me! I really hope she has had that light bulb moment, I know how hard it is to NOT hope. Hugs and prayers..............

Nancy

We pray for our difficult child's to decide they don't like living the way they do and your difficult child is in that place now. That is reason to hope. Each day as she gets further away from her past life she becomes stronger. And she's doing it on her own which is huge.

I'm glad your vacation was so good. You have done so well in making her accountable and yet taking care of yourself. I'm hoping along with you.

Nancy

Calamity Jane

PG,
I'm so glad for your daughter. I hope she gets far, far away from all bad influences and cleans up her act! I'm sure she knows she can count on your support, and is probably going to share the news with you very soon. She wants you to believe her, so she is probably getting things in place to give you the good news! Fingers crossed here too!

A

AmericanGirl

PG, That is wonderful news! I pray she has seen the light. Changing her FB is a big step.

Am happy you got some time away from stress. That's important.

Who knows what finally gets through? It's hard to understand. My idiot difficult child (redundant I know) slept outside Saturday night in the bushes and then actually posted a picture of his scratched up self on FB. He is literally less than a mile from me and chooses to live like this. <shaking head>

I pray this is it and she will continue on this path.

PG: That is really wonderful news! Nancy is right that your difficult child realizes that she does not want to live that way anymore, and she is ready to change her life. This is a HUGE step for her. I am praying that she will continue to stay strong and work on her recovery. I am also amazed that you were able to go on vacation and really get away from your difficult child. I am not in that place yet, and I'm glad that you were able to do that. Welcome back to reality!

P

PatriotsGirl

It gets better!!!! She called me today because she at least needed her birth certificate - she needed two forms of ID and she only had her driver's license. husband was going to run it up there, but wouldn't be able to get there until 4pm. She was going to be done at 1pm, so I said I would use my lunch break to run up there. So I did and saw her AT WORK!! :D She is in training, and starts on Wednesday. So here is the part that absolutely renewed my faith in God today - she tells me that she asked God to show her a path. She then got the job at Waffle House and come to find out, the manager is a recovering addict! Actually, most people that he hires are recovering addicts!!!! He said he will give her a chance and if he sees that she is using again, he will drop her like a pancake because not only is he working to maintain his sobriety, but so are the other workers. I about cried. She told me she has a "sober buddy" named Victor and that they walk aimlessly - they call it walk aimlessly rehab. It is a start and definitely a step in the right direction.

She told me she is staying on the front porch of this really nasty house with the roaches everywhere. I wanted to support her doing the right thing so I put her up in a Motel 6 for a week. I told her she will need to save all her tips and pay if she stays after that, but at least it is a hand up, you know? She was so emotional and grateful and even husband says if it helps her do the right thing it is worth every cent.

It was a good lunch break today. :)

Calamity Jane

Oh great!! :choir: That's the Angel's singing the Woo-hoo song! I'm proud of her; she has a lot of work ahead but she will do it if she really wants this. Hooray for Waffle House!

exhausted

Pg, I will try to get the angels out there. I like aimless walking rehab-why not? Having a buddy is good. Those kids will need a lot of support though. Too bad the manager doesn't have an after work 12 step thing going! maybe she can get acounselor once she is working and has a place to live. I can't help but hope as well.