OK Smart Family, Do You Know??

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DDD, Dec 4, 2007.

1. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Who, What, When, Where or How one gets old LP record albums
    converted over to CD's???? I know it must be available as the
    Walgreens now takes old 8mm movies and cheaply puts them on CDs.

I have some musical performances of the "kids" that I would like
    to give them for Christmas. :thumbsup: My mailman told me that
    he "saw" a "thing" that you could buy to transfer your records to
    an MP3 player. Close..but no cigar.

I'm sure "the family" will know which way to lead me! DDD

2. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Maybe if you just take the LP and trim about 6" off the edges...

3. I'm going crazy!!!

I'm going crazy!!! New Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if you just take the LP and trim about 6" off the edges...</div></div> :rofl:

4. I'm going crazy!!!

I'm going crazy!!! New Member

Audio-Technica AT-LP2DA LP-to-Digital Recording System
    search this on amazon it's $80.00

5. DDD,

We bought a turntable that inputs the LP signal into the computer. It wasn't terribly expensive. Once you have the info in the computer you can burn a CD, DVD, or go the MP3 route. I have a huge record collection that I planned to convert... but... it does take time :-(

6. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

We are a family of Einsteins...with a couple of silly gooses
    mixed in! :smile: Thanks, as always. DDD

7. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

I saw a brand new one of these in the box at the Goodwill last month. I didn't know what it was at first - and then realized I could have been killed by a man with an arm full of records - trying to get in front of me to claim it as his. OKAY dude- your manners went out with the Yard Birds!?

I would ask you though-Are you just looking for that music

OR

Are you looking for that LP playing scratchy sound?

If you are looking for the music there are a ton of music share sites out there to make your own compilations.

I love the BeeGees - but a few of their songs are not my fav. I downloaded all the songs I liked and made my OWN record/cd to speak.

Let us know D3 -

8. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

I have a neighbour who does this. Plus we have had the software to do it for some time. Apple computers now come with Sound Studio, the same file I used to record a meeting secretly while typing minutes. difficult child 3 just used Sound Studio to do his music homework.

You would need to find a way to get the record player output directly onto the computer. Once there and uploaded to the computer, you can use Sound Studio to reduce/remove clicks and pops manually, looking at the wave form.

We have another software package (an old one) called Music Time. We've used that to turn a MIDI file into manuscript. it will also play back. For a performance a few years ago, we took a pop singer's performance of a particular carol, fed it through the computer into a MIDI file, processed it through Music Time, removed the vocal track, transposed it into the key we wanted, copied and pasted in an extra verse and modified the ending into a proper ending, not the singer's fade-out. Then we played it back onto a CD so it could be played as a backing tape for the small group that were performing it. A masterful feat of technology, the end result sounded good.
    Then the performance got rained out and we never got to sing it!

Marg

9. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I am NOT a techie!!!!!!! :smile: Maybe it will be "clearer" in
    the morning! :rofl: easy child/difficult child just told me on the phone from the
    jail "Mama, that's not a real bright idea. I'll just download and burn what you want!"

BUT.......what about the individual event recordings where my
    daughters sank like larks????? Alas, I know not. Goodnight! DDD

PS: LOL! I think you guys have talked me out of the idea even
    if it can be done for under a hundred.

Geez! What a family this is!!!!!!!!!

10. Scent of Cedar II

Scent of Cedar II New Member

11. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

D3 -

Take the Lark Songs to ANY recording studio. They'll do it for you for pretty reasonable.