Okay ladies, I need your ideas for this years holiday drink choice.

Mom2oddson

Two years ago, Witzend's Lemoncello was a fantastic hit.

Last year, it was the Jolly Rancher Vodka that was a smash hit.

Family members are already fishing for hints at what this years drink selection will be.

So...... Anyone have any ideas for what I can make this year??

busywend

I had a friend that did Christmas in a different country's holiday food tradition every year!

I love this idea of a highlighted new drink for the year. The only drink I know that I think would be unique is Purple Rain. I had it in Jamaica.
I looked up wth recipe:

1 1/2 oz gin
cranberry juice
1 splash Blue Curacao liqueur
1 splash sweet and sour mix
1 splash soda water

Pour gin into an ice-filled highball glass, and fill with cranberry juice. Add blue curacao, sour mix and soda. Shake gently, add more curacao (until royal-purple), and serve.

DammitJanet

I saw on TV that they are dissolving gummy bears in vodka now. Sounds interesting to me but I dont drink so I have no idea if it is any good. Also something using that whipped cream vodka or marshmallow vodka would be good. Maybe a take on a white russian?

LittleDudesMom

I must have missed the jolly rancher - I have the lemoncello recipe and keep saying I am going to make that - can I get the jolly rancher one?

Thanks!
Sharon

trinityroyal

I love Bellinis. They might be a bit sweet for some, but they are lovely.

This is the recipe for a single drink. You can scale up as required for the number of people to be served:
2 oz peach nectar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 oz peach schnapps
3 oz Champagne, chilled
1/2 cup crushed ice

If you want to make it a bit less sweet, use brut champagne. Also, you can get away with using plonky sparkling wine (Baby Duck, Spumanti Bambino, etc.) rather than the good stuff.

S

Signorina

hmmm...

cherry infused vodka? or some type of infused rum? Maybe spice infused or apple or pineapple infused rum would be nice?

witzend

You can make Arancello with oranges instead of lemons. Pour some on ice cream and you have a grown up's Creamsicle. Or serve over rocks with cream....

Mom2oddson

Thank you for the ideas. They all sound good. I'm going to have to try some and see which one I like the best.

Little Dudes Mom - Jolly rancher vodka is really easy. The ratio is 12 jolly ranchers to 1 cup (8 oz) of vodka.

I used mason jars because I had those on had, but you can buy nice bottles to use. You sort the jolly ranchers by flavor. Watermelon, Sour Apple and cherry were the biggest hits last year. You put the jolly ranchers in the bottom of the jar/bottle, add the vodka and then put it in the refridgerator. I had to shake up mine a couple of times to get them to completely dissolve, but my garage fridge is set to just above freezing. When the jolly ranchers are totally dissolved, it's ready.

S

Signorina

I just saw this on Pinterest and it looks so pretty and I bet it's delicious!

Cranberry Lime Vodka

http://fancynapkin.blogspot.com/2011/11/cranberry-lime-vodka.html?m=1