Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by amazeofgrace, Jun 11, 2008.

  1. amazeofgrace

    amazeofgrace New Member

    difficult child II is done with the IOP at the partial hospital 2morrow.

    The really good "push their buttons on purpose" partial hospital finally calls me today and wants to know if I still want to send difficult child II there. I have been waiting 3 months to get him in. We did the intake 6 weeks ago.

    difficult child II is stable but not really better from this recent stint at this recent partial program. Should I send him straight into this really good partial now, even though he was in the other one for the past 2 months? This "really good partial" is 6-8 weeks, 8:30 - 2:30. I am just concerned he might become immune to therapy because he's had sooooo much in the past 3 months, not that it's helped much. And this is the best partial program in the State, they've had a very high success rate (at $7000 a day they should)

    So do I send him and risk therapy burnout (for him and me) or do I wait until the next time he's is off the wall unstable, in which case there is a definate likelyhood of being on their waiting list for 3 months again.

    Thoughts? Opinions? :confused:

    PS: the State services will still pay the bill 100%
  2. flutterbee

    flutterbee Guest

    Send him. He may be stable, but he's still very reactive. You need to keep hammering in those skills until it becomes almost second nature. If you stop now and he backslides it will be like starting over.
  3. Andy

    Andy Active Member

    I would send him. He is dealing with his brother's issues also - I don't know that it would be beneficial for him to face his brother's house arrest without this help for himself - it may be too easy to backslide. I think he needs as much help as he can get and this sounds wonderful for him.
  4. Sheila

    Sheila Moderator

    I'd probably send him also. They can learn better and quicker when they're stable.
  5. Big Bad Kitty

    Big Bad Kitty lolcat

    Another vote for send him.
  6. witzend

    witzend Well-Known Member

    I'd send him.

    $7,000 a day?
  7. Personal opinion, I'd send him. We sent our son to a PHP program this year before things were really terrible - and it made a huge difference. He was able to participate and even if he didn't like it, see it was not just us and his doctors saying the same thing.
  8. Christy

    Christy New Member

    I think that you need to send him. It doesn't take long for the honeymoon period to end upon returning home and you don't want to be wait listed again.

    Good Luck!
  9. LittleDudesMom

    LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

    I think I would sent him. He may be a little more open, absorb more, and learn more if he is stable. Sometimes when our kids are not stable, it's just a bandaid that we put on. When they are stable, it's like surgery.

  10. amazeofgrace

    amazeofgrace New Member

    grrrr hissss I told them yesterday when they called me that I would have to call them back today. Apparantly she failed to mention that would push us back to the end of the list again, I am very PO'd about this, but now the list is only 1 & 1/2 month wait vs 3 months.

    I am so fried, all these appts for both difficult child's are consuming my whole day, I am barely at work, and can not even find time to make my own medical appts.