Organizer Idea

susiestar

Roll With It
I love to browse the online store at the Museum of Modern Art in NY (MOMA). They have what I think is a really cool idea for organizing things.

It is a clear acrylic stand with six brightly colored rubber bands around it. It could hold cards, letters, booklets, pens, pencils, makeup brushes, small bottles, all sorts of things. I have seen picture frames and cookbook stands that are similar to the acrylic stand. Seems to me you could make a stand with a bit of wood and then use elastic sewed into bands to fit around the stand snugly. The bands could be covered with fabric to help protect whatever you are organizing, and could go with any color scheme or preference.

Not sure why it inspired me, but it did!

Last edited:

Steely

How cool!!!
I love MOMA. We used to carry some of their products at The Container Store and we sold out of them every time.
So cool that you made one on your own.
(by the way the link does not work.)

It looks so easy! Just a lucite picture frame, at Michaels with a 40% off coupon would just be a few dollars. I wonder where you could get those cool rubber bands. I could really clean up husband's desk with a few of these.

susiestar

Roll With It
If you have some scraps of fabric you can sew a long tube and put some elastic in it then sew it so it would be fairly snug around the frame. Doesn't take long, esp if you use a sewing machine. It gives a LOT more flexibility than buying rubber bands, in my opinion.

Marguerite

Just buy a few metres of white elastic, stitch them into loops, then colour them in with felt pens. Stretch them over a perspex picture frame.

Marg