Our favorite gifts?

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Me, my Coach shoes and a KitchenAid Food Processor and my kitchen floor :smile:
SO - the X Box 360 and the year of X Box Live Gold
difficult child = the X Box 360
easy child - A Ginormous external hard drive

For the first time in years we could actually SEE the bottom of the tree - its good to be in a place where everyone really only wanted one thing and I didn't have to be running all over creation trying to find that "special" toy

Marcie

crazymama30

I love my haflinger slippers and my chill pad for my laptop. The slippers have the 1st half of a sheep on one and the second half of a sheep on the other. They are wool and very cozy.

husband got some kind of lazer thing that levels things from sears.

difficult child loves his remote control stuff and his legos.

easy child loved her bracelet making kit and her gift cards. We spent over an hour in a tiny Claire's store.

tiredmommy

husband loves his Garmin GPS. He brought it to work so he could "gather data". Whatta geek, lol! :rofl:
Duckie absolutely adores her new Nicki American Girl doll from Santa. She became sad today when we ran a few errands and she missed Nicki. :tissue:
I have two favorite gifts:
husband got me a very pretty black & white checkered scarf. I commented that it was dry clean only. And he said I deserved to have some dry clean only rather than just wash & wear. :crying:
Then Duckie made a hanging poster at school about her favorite holiday tradition. She drew a picture of the three of us sitting in our pew at church, looking toward the altar and Advent wreath. She wrote that going to church on Christmas Eve was her favorite tradition, even if Daddy just moves his lips during the hymns. :its_all_good:

Fran

Former desparate mom
It was really nice to see considerably less under the tree.

difficult child got the x Box 360 he wanted.
easy child liked the I phone and all the gas cards(from aunts)
husband got a desparately needed briefcase.
The boys replaced the soundtrack from The Big Chill that I misplaced. A lovely pair of dragonfly earrings were special too.

The new puppies got cowboy hats and "bling" for their collar. :rofl:

Lothlorien

Nancy, it's a Kodak Z812. It's awesome and it even takes better video than my video camera.

I too love listening to books on tape.

Abbey, I'll go see Styx with you! I've seen them a bunch. I love them, too.

Donna, your afghan sounds lovely.

All of us cut back considerably this year as well. It was a good amount, but just enough that the kids weren't completely overwhelmed. It was a good day.

Oh yeah, another of my favorite gifts were from Missy. She had a school store and we gave her five dollars. She bought an ornament for husband, a NY Yankees keychain for Mighty Mouse and she bought a really pretty "Let it Snow" plaque, a ceramic snowman and a fleece scarf for me. I was thrilled. She did well!

Abbey

Spork Queen
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lothlorien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Abbey, I'll go see Styx with you! I've seen them a bunch. I love them, too.
</div></div>

Come to Vegas in Feburary and we'll do it!

Abbey

kris

<span style='font-size: 11'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #000066"> it was a pretty skimpy christmas for us this year but nice none the less. jarrod's favorite gift was the coffee maker his i gave him....complete with-coffee grinder (actually girlfriend bought it for me to give him), sarah's was chloe ~~~ the puppy i bought her two months ago, mine was the DVD play girlfriend gave me. hands down girlfriend wins for best gift giver this year!!!

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child's favorite gift: is his remote control monster trucks (they look more like ATVs to me)

easy child's favorite: Hard to tell with her, probably her new clothes but she also was put together her new lego set right away.

husband-His in home theater I bought for him. He has been wanting surround sound for awhile now.

Me- The gift that made me feel the best was a cd from easy child. She actually used her own money to buy it. It's a Christian group we listen to in the car-she loves the station and won't let me turn it even though she has decided she doesn't believe there is a God. Anyhow, she was so excited to give it to me and even gave me a kiss after I opened it. I also really like my first season of The Twilight Zone!

K

Kjs

This was a wonderful xmas. Best in years.

My favorite part was watching difficult child's eyes light up as he opened his gifts. All he asked for was XBOX360. We had gotten the router, wired the house, we were all set. Of course the first gift he chose to open was a controller. He just lit up...until easy child said, "that will work with your regular xbox right".

husband got a GPS. easy child says it is the "coolest toy ever". Then he says, "Now I have to get a car so I can go somewhere".

easy child - Microbrewery kit. - i'll let you know in about a month how the beer is!

Me - little things, but the best was the peace I felt and the sparkle back in my families eyes. Twas an excellent xmas.

K

Kjs

I didn't exactly say, but difficult child DID indeed get the Xbox360. He then plugged it in, signed up for the membership and played for 16 hours straight.

K

Kjs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nomatic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am interested in a GPS. My car doesn't have one. However, they look difficult to operate. I am NOT good with anything mechanical. Anyone know which models are super duper user friendly? In other words....VERY EASY TO OPERATE. I've got a birthday coming up... Thanks. </div></div>

I got husband a Garmin nuvi, lower model...200. It is the coolest thing. you can hit a button and it tells you where the nearest restaurant is, gas station, hotels. If you take a wrong turn it re-routes you back to where you should be. It gives you an arrival time, maximum mph, how much time you were at a stand still (ex. stop lights)
easy child takes it to girlfriend's only two miles away just to hear it talk.
The higher models have mp3 players and your cell phone can go through it.
It is really neat. Now we just have to take a trip so we can use it.

Wow, Abbey, I'm so glad you got to speak with your sister. What a wonderful gift!

We were all truly blessed at our home as well...

husband loved the hops and yeast I got him for yet another new brew from his home brewery he has created under our house.. Kjs - your easy child will love home brewing!

easy child loved his new 80GB Ipod and cell phone.

difficult child loved the motherboard he got for the new "super computer" he is building. He immediately went to work, and finished the computer! His grandmom gave him cash, which he took to Frye's and bought an awesome widescreen monitor for his new system. It works, and he is a happy camper...

My Mom loved the antique brooch we found her on line...

I loved my new Klezmatics and Buena Vista Social club cd's...

All in all, a perfect Christmas...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'd have to say that getting my family together to open presents was my all out favorite gift (thanks to tdocs & the foundation that runs the group home wm is in).

The card from kt & wm will be framed & displayed - a first seeing them together safely; yet it looked so much like they were just having fun not having to worry about anything.

kt loved her video/gaming chair (the gift from he$$ to pick up).
wm loved his replacement gameboy advance.

husband rec'd a beautiful little fish bowl with a beta fish to keep on his desk. He loves it!

The week before Christmas husband brought me a new easel that works in my office area - the best light in the house.

My favorite gift was from easy child 1, she is an amazing photographer, she took pics of me and my horse Aspen and one of me and husband on our 26th anniv, framed them and they are wonderful!

She also made Jayme a picture of her riding our new mini horse named Tucker, it is so stinking cute, with mane and hair blowing in the wind!

Aly got 2, with one picture of her and Aspen and one of her and Tucker, way too cute!!!

Jayme is really into puzzles right now and can whip through the 100 piecers we got her, so off to find slightly more piece ones for her today. Helping to keep her occupied while it is freezing outside and we are in this tiny apartment.

Not sure what Aly's favorite gift was, she was pretty upset with us having to take them all back with us. But, if I had to guess it was between the pictures and the High School Musical 2 soundtrack.

husband was also thrilled with our pictures and the chocolate my mom sent!

Older kids just got cash $$ and they were thrilled! LOL!!

Fun topic!
Vickie

dirobb

I am a CD addict
let's see I got a roll of packing tape. The kiddos had been using it like crazy and I guess I went a little nuts asking them to leave it alone.

Mine-Inversion machine. I have been wanting one for sooo long. Hopefully I wont get sick hanging upside down. But its is supposed to be good for the back. we shall see.

as for the kids. I cant say. We usually get one big family gift and a little something. Money issues. This year we managed to get them all a few special things and then at the last minute we brought several family gifts. special edition game bords and xbox 360 stuff: steering wheel, Dancing game DDR, racing game.

the xbox is pcs so husband is going to have to get his self one come August when easy child leaves to school.

We got two new dwarf hamsters. TOO CUTE. We recently lost one to a tumor. Hadn't planned on replacing her but....oh well.