Remember all the uproar & miscommunication with landlord and owner's agent?

klmno

After mulling it over, I have decided to do something along the lines of both LDM's and DF's suggestions.

I think the visit last month had something to do with the owner deciding to move back in or put the house back on the market. See, this isn't typical rental property in the sense that the owner had lived here, then got serious with a boyfriend, they wanted a different house, moved out and listed this one for sale with a realtor. The market was bad (and now I think they didn't have such a good realtor either), so the owner decided to rent it and that's how I got into it.

It could be one of three things, I think- either the owner is ready to ditch this realtor (who is now her rep and the unprofessional one I'm dealing with, or the owner wants to try selling the house again, or the owner and her boyfriend split up and she truly wants to move back in. Either way, I agree that something is up with the owner and possibly the owner and rep's relationship, but I don't think it has anything at all to do with me personally or how I've been as a tenant.

Due to the job being up in the air for at least another 30 days and possibly closer to 60 days, and boss being out of town this week and me being out of town next week, there would be no way I could commit to another property owner this month. Therefore, moving out within the next 4 weeks is impossible. I'm going to respond in writing stating this and that IF I can arrange to move out one month early (meaning by Sept. 30th), I might consider that if they are willing to forego the inspection for detailed cleaning and commit to refunding my security deposit in full. They also received a non-refundable pet deposit of $200 or $250 (can't remember off hand) and they could use that to clean in depth. Of course, I would get all my stuff out and have things reasonably clean. That way, I only stand to gain if they go for that. I doubt they will but sorry, they are trying to buy me out of a contract and a set of used appliances isn't going to cut it. I doubt they would go for this but if they don't, I'll be here until Oct. 31st, just like I'd planned all along. :)