sharing my FB status: A Q brag

buddy

posted this on my general FB timeline

Warning: Q Brag

And kind of a weird one, may be too much information

Q has been going to therapy riding at a little ranch for a couple of years now. He has been preferring to help out instead of riding horses for quite a while lately.

The owner said he was doing so well with some things that she would pay him to do some chores.

yesterday we went to help her muck stalls. He has done this with a few other kids a couple of times, but this time there were no other kids. He jumped right into the chore and worked for most of three hours.

The lower pasture where they take the manure to the pile is flooded. My sensory disordered kid slogged through the deep water with wheelbarrows full of horse yuck and dumped load after load. His boots were full of water.

The only break he took was to go help with a lesson. A little girl with Autism came for her lesson and Q likes to be one of the helpers now, instead of a rider.

He went back to work after though.

When he came home he didn't drag his yucky boots through the house, he put them downstairs where they could dry off and changed his clothes down there too!

Little things like that are huge here.

yipee for horse poopoo. Somebody has to do it!

you guys know, it is scary to think he maybe couldn't have any jobs in the future. But this kind of thing allows him to have little issues but no one cares.

And he really did a good job, not just a good job for a disabled kiddo.

He asked me when we got home if I was surprised that he held it together when his feet were so wet. That would bug ME so I can only imagine what it felt like to him

StressedM0mma

Buddy that is AMAZING!!!!! You know how I feel about horse therapy. I cannot praise it enough. I love that he is so dedicated to his "work" He should be very very proud of himself for all of the hard work he did.

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
YEA Q!!! That is absolutely awesome and I'm glad HE could take pride in what he did and recognize the "issues" he overcame. That is HUGE self-awareness and mature, appropriate pride. Give him a VERY high-five for me!!

by the way, you have EVERY right to brag. This is huge!

Ktllc

Tell Q that his board auntie is VERY proud of him and that I too LOVE cleaning poo! lol And it is for real. We used to have a farm and cleaning stahls was oh so relaxing for me! Great for staying in shape as well. I still have a few farm animals and cleaning and bedding is always a good time for me and the kids. V loves helping and even encouraged to do it on his own (chicken coop: light stuff! lol).
AWSOME. Physical work has so many virtue and I'm glad he gets to experience it and enjoy it.

SuZir

WOW, that is huge! You have to be so proud of him, and for a reason!

I will join with Ktlc to those who actually like cleaning stalls. And I have cleaned quite a few of them, even for a work at times.

JKF

That's truly amazing buddy! Thanks for sharing! You have every right to brag and be proud of him!!

TerryJ2

WOW!!!! That's AWEsome!
There are lots of adults out there who don't have a clue that they're supposed to take off their mucky boots, much less a kid with-Q's issues. BRAVO!
And that he liked it and did it voluntarily for three hours, wow. Just, wow.

S

Signorina

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.woohoo .·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.poopoo.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.woohoo.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

InsaneCdn

Buddy... sorry. I absolutely refuse to accept your title.
This is NOT a brag.

This is merely an appropriate update on Q's status.

Extremely positive, of course!
And you are totally welcome to post every single one of these updates as they happen, because the rest of us LOVE to follow the story!!

buddy

I love you guys so much. It was just a few hours but those times just bolster me so much and let me know that all of this other stuff is worth it.

I was going to post all of our update but decided to put this good stuff separate, lol Then I can just click and feel cheered on....smile

Tiapet

Old Hand
T second Calamity, very much worthy! This is fantastic. Things do look like that are looking up, of course I know you have "those moments" too but over all it seems there is a shift happening.

L

Liahona

I don't get emotional easy, but I'm tearing up over this. Way to go Q! This is an amazing awesome post. Very hopeful.