So did you do good on the Black Friday Sales??

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
We went out early (ok 9:30 for me is early to go to any store) to pick up two items.

SO bought me a black Cuisinart Grind and Brew coffee maker that I have been wanting for Xmas - retails at 99.00, and he got it for 35.00. And I hit Best Buy for a Wireless Gaming Chair for Nate, retails at 125.00 and got it for 75.00.

I had a Nordstrom's gift card, so stopped by there to see if any deals were going. I found a pair of nice Tennies, and was admiring some Coach shoes that were on sale so SO bought me a pair as my other Xmas gift.

We did pretty good considering we could have lived without the visit to Nordstroms. I only have two more presents to buy, and those are for the boys. So far have not put anything on the credit cards.

Marcie

crazymama30

I did good, I have needed a new laptop for awhile so I bought one! Best Buy was complete craziness, So I got a Toshiba from Staples. I am a little nervous about that as my sis's boyfriend is a computer guy and he really liked the hp that Best Buy had, but I just could not get there early enough to get one. I got to Best Buy at 4:20, and the store opened at 5:00. I got to Staples 15 minutes before they opened, and the customers were nice and the staff were nice too!

husband went shopping for the kids as I had to be to work by 7:00. He got a remote control dinosaur thingy, regularly 99.99, sale 29.99. He bought each kid a remote control helicopter for 14.99 each, and a plug n play hunting game on sale for 9.99. A few other things. I do not need to nor am I able to spend anymore money!!

everywoman

I hit the sales, but I didn't start until 8. First I went to Belk. Picked up some clothes for the grands and a pair of shoes for husband and boots for me. Then to Walmart. I bought PCd a new pink vacuum (her signature color) and got a new printer for my computer. Then I took off to Myrtle Beach. Went to toys r us and bought the grands toys. Got JJ a cute harley big wheel and helmet like his pepa's. Then on to the mall for shoes for difficult child and hit Bath and body for gfgbiomom and sister in law. Spent a lot--but got a lot.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
easy child and I had the excellent plan of waking in time for Kohls' 4AM opening sale! Hah! We arrived there at 7 :bloodshot:, the store still not quite full to capacity. All we went for was a comforter for her bed at college and we left with *almost* $300 worth of stuff, most of it for ourselves...maybe 4 holiday gifts. :hammer: Ugh.

We then moved on to Old Navy and bought more stuff (also mostly for ourselves :D, though I did get difficult child some cool things and H two shirts), and then Claires where easy child bought herself a nose ring, and then we went home for lunch :spaghetti: (leftover turkey, of course), and then zipped off to Fashion Bug where I bought myself 4 great sweaters and difficult child a pair of pants she's been wanting as well as some faux jewelry :shopping:. We also hit up Payless and easy child got a nifty pair of boots for $12.

We topped off our day by hitting up the Family Dollar, easy child's favorite store of all time, where we spent exactly $10.60 on note cards, candy, water and soda. I was about ready for a little :smile: by this time and it was only noon! Haha. I just realized that we were supposed to hit up JC Penneys but I forgot. Thank God. :whew:

So, yeah, we had a great day shopping. Unfortunately I still have holiday shopping to do! Bwaaahaaahaaaaa~And I already spent about $400 ::money::. Oh my! :smile:

DammitJanet

I did the boyfriend thing too!

Billy had to be at Radio Shack at 5am so I had him there at 5 and then I rushed over to Walmart to look for a personal DVD player. Ha! They had put them over in the produce isle and I made a beeline to electronics and by the time I asked all the folks with 6 in their buggy's where they found them, they were gone.

So I rushed over to the smaller Walmart in the other town next to me and they had dozens of them left! I snagged one of them along with the case to carry it in and hook it over the back of the front seat. That was on sale too.

Then I went to Big Lots and got some tools for Billy for Christmas.

On Thanksgiving itself, Big Lots was open and I got a DVD recorder so that I can record tv shows and not miss things anymore!

I also picked up some small toys to round out Keyana's xmas stuff.

I went to JCPenney at 4 am. Why? I have no idea. I only got 5 pillows on sale. I could have gotten them anytime, plus I stood in line for 45 minutes! I wanted to run out the door, but I kept thinking that I had already invested this much time in line so...But then I went into the Disney store, and got all toys for my nieces and nephews 50% off, plus 20% off now I'm totally done with them. I also went into Hollister at the mall and got easy child some clothes. He hates it when I get him clothes, and doesn't even count it as a gift. I did go to Best Buy the day before Thanksgiving and got easy child#2 the games he wanted, knowing they may not be there later. At $60 bucks each, that's plenty. For difficult child, I got him a jacket at Old Navy ,also lots toiletries he can always use. I think I'll get some more clothes for him though. I bought husband a phone, I left our hand held phone outside in the summer(where it got rained on and ruined)- and now we only have a speaker phone, and one in our bedroom. That has a wire, you can't walk with it. So, he(we) are getting a phone-usually we never exchange gifts. Everyone else is getting gift cards to Starbucks. I'll get them later. Now my family is calling wanting to know what to buy them- I don't know what to say. -Alyssa

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
By the time I got to Kohl's yesterday at noon their registers were full and the lines to check out went around the inside of the building. :smile:

So I turned around and left. :bah-humbug:

Today I went back. No lines. Plenty of room. I was in and out with what I wanted in 20 minutes and got the same prices those other folks got yesterday. :xmasdancers:

Suz

DammitJanet

Suz...I heard on the radio here that Khols had a 4 hour wait just to get in the building and that was AFTER they had opened!

I have never been in a Khols because they are up in the town up from me and they probably dont carry my size but good lord! What on earth were they selling yesterday that was worth that wait!!!

I do remember back in the day when us moms fought over the Cabbage Patch dolls or stood out in the cold for the Nintendo games. I have to admit I almost decked a woman one time in a Sears outlet store over a toy guitar...lol.

None of the shopping I did yesterday was packed. Or maybe I just wasnt going nuts for what everyone else was looking for.

Kathy813

Staff member
Janet ~ I was one of the people that stood in line for Cabbage Patch Dolls! I didn't have any children yet but my nieces wanted them in the worst way.

I heard that a local store had a truckload coming in so husband (who I was just dating at the time) met me at the store on an early Sunday morning and stood in line with me so we could each get two dolls. I think that was when I decided to marry him.

:rofl: :rofl:

As far as this year . . . my best bargain was an online deal that I heard about on the car radio when I was out shopping yesterday. A consumer reporter mentioned that you could get orange Ipod shuffles for $39.95 at a certain website. I called husband to check it out and he ordered it on the spot. We don't even need one but I just couldn't pass up that kind of bargain!

I also cut out three $10 off coupons for use on any minimum $25 purchase and went to Macy's this morning to use them. I made sure that I just spent over the $25 minimum to use each one.

So even though I didn't brave the crowds Friday morning, I think I did quite well.

by the way, husband and I were really surprised at the mall today. It wasn't the least bit crowded. I hope it was better at other places or I think we are in for a rough holiday for retailers.

~Kathy

G

guest3

Welp difficult child I went with me to Lancaster so ever thing he liked at the outlets, I bought and told him he can open it Xmas morning and act surprised, he's less then thrilled about this but for once did not cut his nose depsite his face.

I love the amish shops and got a lot of cute stuff for reasonable $

Now I have to focus on putting all my brown men out :gingerbread:(I collect Gingerbread) and baking baking baking cookies!

saving grace

Ok girls "I" was one of the ones wanting the Cabbage Patch doll, I remember crying to my father to get to the store and get one, I tortured him over it.
Me and difficult child and his girlfriend were at Target at 4:15am to wait for the 6am opening to get a 37 inch flat screen tv. we were about 15th in line, by 6am there were a couple hundred folks in line. We did get the tv, difficult child was pumped, it was so funny, he grabbed the tv, they had them stacked right at the front of the store, I had the buggy, so once it was secure he turned to me and yelled "ok what else?" everyone was rushing around us and pushing etc... he was on a mission. He said his heart was pounding out of his chest. LOL. we just got some toys for babygirl and then went home. I couldnt go back to sleep so around 11am I went back to Walmart to poke around.

Grace

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcie Mac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We went out early (ok 9:30 for me is early to go to any store) to pick up two items.

SO bought me a black Cuisinart Grind and Brew coffee maker that I have been wanting for Xmas - retails at 99.00, and he got it for 35.00. And I hit Best Buy for a Wireless Gaming Chair for Nate, retails at 125.00 and got it for 75.00.

I had a Nordstrom's gift card, </div></div>

Marcie, are you still spending that Nordstrom Gift Card? You can stretch a dollar better than anyone I know!

KFld

I did great, but then again I didn't go shopping :smile:
My tradition is that my sister in law and our friend Mary get up at 5 a.m. and go shopping and then they call me when they go to lunch and I meet them there. I met them at TGI Fridays at around 2 and had a nice lunch :smile: Then we meet at the Elks club, have a few drinks and play some pool. It was lots of fun!!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
:rofl: Witz I am like on my third gift card - Mothers Day, Easter and my Birthday rolled around since I saw you in January and we went to Nordstroms.

I am glad I took SO with me - my eyes glaze over and I like go into a trance and automatically head towards the Purse Section (with SO rolling behind me barking "Keep Moving, Keep Moving - purses are not on the shopping list" Focus, Focus :rofl: Or else I would have been doing the ohhhh three presents for me, one for them routine.

Marcie

Stella Johnson

I didn't go anywhere. I bought a leather coat for SO on overstock.com. Got a great deal. I'm happy. I just didn't have it in me this year to go out into the jungle.

Marcie,
Where did you find the coffe maker for $35???? I would have gone if I had seen that. :sad:

Steph

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Steph, we went to Linens and Things- I think it is a 4 day sale..

I have a Cusinart but its a couple of years old, and by the time I end up ordering the replacement part for the grinder, it would have been almost as much as this one cost.

Nothing like the smell of freshly brewing beans in the morning..

Marcie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I remember the Cabbage Patch doll craze. Stepgfg wanted one more than anything in the world. No way was I fighting those nutty crowds. Bio Mom couldn't get one. So I went to Ben Franklin, bought the kit to make one, and she still got her Cabbage Patch doll and it was half the price of the original.

I didn't do boyfriend. I hope to never again.

But Nichole and b/f did. B/f has been wanting one of those Wii thingies like crazy. His Mom told him that they'd pay for it if he could manage to find one. He's been looking for weeks. Ebay was selling them for 600.00.

At the mall while Nichole went into the toy store b/f decided to browse in the electronics store next door. Turned out they were handing out 12 Wii's for 300.00 each. B/f was 10th in line and got his. lol He couldn't believe his luck.

LittleDudesMom

I did not step one foot outside the house (except for going on the backporch for a cig) on Friday!

Glad all of you braved the dark and the crowds to get some deals! I tried to get the laptop deal at CC, BB, and Staples online but the $299 hps and compacts were nabbed right after midnight. I'll try again tomorrow on cyber monday. My brother and I are giving mom a laptop for Christmas.

Sharon, who loves to shop but not fight crowds and stand in line!