Someone stop the talking please!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's one of those days when I can't wait for difficult child's night time medications to take effect!!!!! He has been non stop talking the entire day (along with being demanding and manic)-his voice is also extremely loud. He switches in a blink of an eye from tough boy talk to baby talk-yikes!!!!! I know that might sound horrible(that I'm waiting for those night-time medications to kick in) but once he falls asleep will be the first time we will have to relax all day (except husband and I did spell each other a bit-tag team is a necessity on days like this).

on the other hand, easy child/difficult child actually did something nice today!! Without me asking, she decided my cookbook area needed organizing (it desperately did); she organized everything and even wrote out recipes from magazines so the magazines could be tossed. I was very impressed-she actually worked at it for several hours!

H

HaoZi

Oh yes, I know the endless talking, too. Kiddo can be shy around new people at first, and all I can ever think of is that line from Shrek. It's not getting her to talk that's the trick!

KTMom91

Miss KT did that too. Drove us nuts. Now she just calls me 47 million times during the day to talk about nothing.

H

HaoZi

It doesn't bother me so much as long as I'm not expected to constantly respond. It's those days that you hear "Come see/look/I need you" 10 seconds after you start a chore or sit down (couch/chair/bed/toilet doesn't matter) that wears me down fast. She's perfectly happy talking to herself or talking to the computer/wii/dsi/cat/fish/whatever a lot of times. I generally have to have some kind of background noise in here to tune out the traffic/neighbor noise (we live in an apartment right by the main road), and she's one of those kids that when you suddenly notice it's *quiet*, THAT'S when you worry.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone; I knew you would understand!

HaoZi-When my difficult child talks like that he always expects a response-drives us crazy!

Fran

Former desparate mom
It was one of the worst things I dealt with when difficult child was younger. I imagined tying his tongue in a knot. He is even today more of a talker than he should be. I feel like my job is to be his audience. He tries to work on that but every once in a while things slip back to non stop. It's one of the most distressing symptoms, to me. I hated it and still do.
I find it very difficult to listen to someone who batters my ears with words.

Fran

Former desparate mom
easy child/difficult child =======Way To Go!!!!! I know there is easy child material deep down inside. I sure hope it comes back out. :bravo: Give her a big hug from this board auntie.

B

Bunny

I have said at times that I think that difficult child came out of the womb talking! LOL!! There are days like that here, too. He will just talk talk talk talk talk. You have my sympathies.

What time did his medications finally kick in?

Pam

trinityroyal

I find it very difficult to listen to someone who batters my ears with words.

Fran, what an eloquent way to describe the phenomenon. That's EXACTLY how it feels.

Sharon, I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with the endless talking. Honestly, I think that's why duct tape was invented. (Although I imagine if I ever did duct tape my difficult child's mouth shut it wouldn't actually stop him from talking. I'd just hear mmph mmmph mmph instead.)

On the other hand, how lovely that easy child did something so thoughtful for you without being asked.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Fran-I agree with Trinity-you really put it well! I'm hoping your right about the easy child/difficult child having that easy child in her. Right now she is actually watching the game with us.

Bunny-The medications kicked in around 7:45 last night!

Trinity-Lol-I'm sure that difficult child being duct taped would be the same way!! It was really nice of easy child/difficult child to do that for me.

H

HaoZi

Today has been one of those constant "reply needed" days. Heaven forbid if she didn't hear me respond immediately when I just went into the bathroom!

D

dudley24

Oh Mercy do I know all about the verbal diarrhea. I once timed Dot and she talked for 5 hours straight without a break. She would ask a question and not even wait for a reply but carried on with her own answers inserted where I was supposed to respond. I looked at that duct tape and I could feel it willing me to pick it up. This episode occured on a long weekend while we were still living by my parents. I had started having serious trust and support issues with them so I called and asked if they wanted to have her for a sleep over. (my stepmother always jumped at the chance to have Dot over) It was the first weekend they finally admitted Dot "might have a problem" and I wasn't exaggerating....Am I bad:redface:;). Feel your pain. But I have to admit there are times when some seriously interesting stuff comes out of Dot's mouth....I just wish it wasn't always all at once. :D