Surgery tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by KTMom91, Jun 2, 2011.

1. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

After eight years, I'm finally having surgery for carpal tunnel. It's gotten way past the "managing" point; I have pain and numbness from about mid-forearm all throughout my hand. The surgical nurse that called today said something about "surgery for carpal tunnel release," which I knew, but then she said something else about ulnar nerve, so I guess that's on the list as well. I go in at 7 am.

Miss KT will be taking me to and from surgery, and will also be my primary caretaker. I'm hoping she magically learns how to cook before tomorrow, or I will be eating Top Ramen, macaroni and cheese soup, and toast three meals a day.

2. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

Good luck tomorrow. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'd leave a cookbook on the counter.

3. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Prayers for a clean surgery and speedy recovery, hugs. Ditto on the cookbook idea!

4. ThreeShadows

ThreeShadows Quid me anxia?

Mary, I'll be praying for your recovery tomorrow, may it be easy and fast. I'll also be praying for your tastebuds.

5. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Hope all goes well tomorrow -- no suprises, no kinks -- just a smooth and easy fix for the issues you've been having. And I'll pray for Miss KT's miraculous acquisition of culinary skills, too. :winks: Make sure she posts something on FB when you get home so we know you're o.k.!

6. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

Fingers crossed

Marcie

7. keista

keista New Member

Best of luck to you!

8. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

good luck with the surgery. I hope it has gotten better than it was a few years back. I have problems with my ulnar nerve too but not bad enough for surgery. Hope you have an easy recovery and have take out on speed dial!

9. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Good luck! And I hope Miss KT learns to type so that she can give us messages from you. :)

10. KT Mom,

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I think you will be very pleased with your results.

This is a good opportunity for Miss KT to fill an adult role by caring for her Mom. Who knows , maybe she will fall in love with cooking!

Hang in there...

Valerie

11. ML

ML Guest

Good luck!

Perhaps also leave coupons to subway and pizza hut on the counter :)

12. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Hope the surgery goes well Mary. Praying for a speedy recovery with good results.

Hugs

13. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Just seeing this now. Hope you will be well and back at the computer soon!

14. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I hope all has gone well. Skip the cookbook and send her out for frozen meals. Better than trial and error and mac and cheese soup! IF possible have her give us an update, please. I hope the surgery will relieve your pain and let you live a life of doing what you want with-o all the pain. I hope they are not fusing your wrists. My mother has both of hers fused and has learned to cope and do all she wants, but it was quite a challenge.

(((((hugs)))))

15. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well. Hugs. DDD

16. shellyd67

shellyd67 Active Member

Wishing you a speedy recovery !