Susie....

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks for thinking of me. The shots are not making me throw up. I am having some relief fromt he muscle spasms.

I go see the rheumatologist on Monday and he will test my Vit D levels. So I will post about that Mon evening and see if my body is actually using the Vit D.

I love you guy, ya know that?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Susie,

Just got bloodwork back myself & have little to no Vitamin D in my system. Not taking the shots ~ have been prescribed the weekly 50000 unit pill. I was hoping to be climbing ladders & painting walls by now. :bigsmile:

Are the shots more effective than the pills? I can't remember (I'm sorry) why you are taking the injections over the capsules.

susiestar

Roll With It
The capsules are supposed to be very effective. I have to have shots specially formulated as they are not readily available.

I get very sick to my stomach from oral sources of vitamin D. Food sources, supplements, even being in the sun makes me terribly ill and has for years. Foods high in Vit D have made me ill going back to my elementary school days.

I am sorry you are low in Vit d. Even being in the sun in winter can help with this IF your body works to make it from the sun. Please have your bone density checked ASAP if you haven't had it done recently.

F

flutterbee

Susie, I'm glad it seems to be offering some relief and that it's not making you sick.

Linda, In January, my vitamin D was at 4 and I was prescribed 50,000 units of vitamin D to take twice a week. After 6 weeks it was up to 45 and I wasn't very good about taking it because it caused intense headaches and shooting bone pain. So, it worked to bring my levels up, but didn't do much else for me. I was just thinking the other day that I need to have it checked again.