Taking bets whether difficult child is now unemployed or not!

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Jabberwockey, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Jabberwockey

Jabberwockey Well-Known Member

Well, not bets as that is probably against the rules but you know what I mean. Lil texted difficult child tonight asking if he wanted us to bring him his W-2's that we got in the mail and told him we would give him a ride to work. He turned the offer down saying we could get with him later in the week. He NEVER turns down a ride. Lil almost immediately said he must be unemployed.

Not my monkey, not my circus.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear if his excuses fall into the category of a typical difficult child excuse ;)

3. Lil

Lil Well-Known Member

I expect we'll know eventually. :rolleyes: I'm not planning on stressing about it. As Jabber said, not our monkeys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Jabberwockey

I'm figuring he will ask for the forms on Friday or Saturday, his days off, to be able to try and bullshit his way through it. I'm going to ask then remind him that he needs to be working and move on. Not gonna stress about it as its his life to screw up. He's just guaranteeing that we wont help anymore.

5. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

I want a t-shirt with NOT MY MONKEY........NOT MY CIRCUS and pictures of monkeys hitting themselves in the head. I think it should be the official t-shirt for the fine folks on this forum. I actually saw a poster with this slogan on facebook.

6. Jabberwockey

Not sure about the monkeys hitting themselves on the head but wouldn't mind a t-shirt. Have a friend who is a graphic designer, may have to see what he can come up with.

7. Lil

Lil Well-Known Member

8. DoneDad

DoneDad Active Member

Couldn't resist - I ordered a t-shirt.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Jabberwockey

Hehehe! I might have if I wasn't at work and trying to get a piece of hunting land!

Still need to talk to my friend and see if he can make an animated emoticon for it though!

10. HeadlightsMom

HeadlightsMom Well-Known Member

Them more I consider, the more I think I want that t-shirt, too!

11. wakeupcall

wakeupcall Well-Known Member

Thanks for making me laugh right out loud!!

12. dstc_99

dstc_99 Well-Known Member

Love the shirt. Lol
    Hopefully difficult child just already had a ride.

13. Jabberwockey

Yeah, don't hold your breath unless your REALLY fond of the color blue!

14. dstc_99

dstc_99 Well-Known Member

I am a Seahawks fan and university of Kentucky fan. LOL go big blue!

15. Jabberwockey

Well then knock yourself out! You will be holding your breath for a while! LOL!

16. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I love that shirt. I may just have to buy myself one. Maybe I should wear it the next time we go to a family therapy session with difficult child.

~Kathy

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Jabberwockey

Well, we got a call from him today. He says he is still employed with the company but is now working on contract jobs. As they currently have no contract jobs,he currently has no hours. This could either be the truth or a difficult child excuse, only time will tell.

18. SomewhereOutThere

That means, either way, he is not getting paid. Is he looking for other, more consistent work? Even McD's offers stable hours...

19. Jabberwockey

Lil told him to but is he actually doing it???? I doubt it seriously but we shall see.

20. SomewhereOutThere

Probably he isn't. You're still paying his way. They prefer it that way.