Due to the psychiatrist's lack of response, monitoring and well....giving a da*n about difficult child we have made the decision to take her off ALL medications and have her evaluated by another facility. This decision was not an easy one and we discussed it with my parents, our friends who have seen difficult child, and even friends who I am frequently on the phone with and have heard enough of her to form an opinion. After a week of discussing it, we all agree that difficult child seems to be at her best immediately after changing her medications and within 2 weeks of being on the full dosage she begins to unravel. In addition to that, I am so dissatisfied with her psychiatrist's lack of monitoring/care that I feel it's practically dangerous to keep trusting them. I may lose my mind and having difficult child without any medication may be horrible but it's been a year and nobody has even thought of spending time with her to reevaluate, they just want to keep changing medications. I've been told by the psychiatrist not to put her in a setting with other children her age such as a preschool or play group just in case she gets upset. Because of this, I have a nearly 4 year old who is testing at or above a 1st grade level in reading, writing and math but has NO social skills. Im fed up and the pediatrician is too. They are forming a plan to remove difficult child from her medications slowly and already have a new center to evaluate her if the need arises. The only loose end is the psychiatrist. How do I handle telling them all of this? Write a letter? Just call and cancel her next appointment?