Test of Emergency Broadcast System

susiestar

Roll With It
This is just FYI - not sure how many of you watch tv and/or how often the notices for this are being shown.

On Nov 9 at 2pm Eastern, there will be a test of the emergency broadcast system that lasts about 3 min. It is in addition to the reg monthly tests.

WHile it probably wouldn't upset any of us, it might upset one of our kids and/or make them think there was some huge national crisis. So making sure that any of our kids who might see it are aware in advance might prevent them from getting upset.

buddy

I heard that. Good point. I always make sure difficult child knows about every school fire drill and emergency drill. He gets ear plugs and something to do. It is not worth the upset compared to the risk that he wouldn't follow directions as if he was in a real "surprise" situation. He is never alone so I am not worried about his safety, he would have directions where to go. Better to prepare many of our kids ahead of time.

H

HaoZi

I wonder if the timing is related to this Large Asteroid to Narrowly Miss Earth Nov. 8 - ABC News

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Nah, it's not related.

We received info about this about a year ago, and I'd forgotten... Funny thing how they schedule stuff but don't tell the general public till MUCH later.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I wonder if the timing is related to this Large Asteroid to Narrowly Miss Earth Nov. 8 - ABC News

If it were...........the 9th would be a little late to test it. lol

I think it's a good idea to test it myself. I've heard everything from they've done some upgrading of the national system, to they're expecting a terrorist attack on 11/11, and some rather wild things like the protests around the nation are supposed to turn into rioting on 11/11. (people seem to have some fixation on that date for some reason)

I think from what I've been reading the past several days, they've been doing upgrades and due to current events they figure it's a good idea to test it. People are nervous though.......I hope the testing doesn't spark anything by accident.