Thanks, I'm sorry and I love you

M

ML

It's been a crazy week. I wanted to thank you for the great support regarding our friend K. It's particularly hard on husband. He had a tragedy as a young man. He was having dinner on a restaurant/boat out on a lake (in Kansas) when a tornado struck and it went under. Several people died including his sister. He went through survivor guilt and ptst. He remembers being in the water and getting rescued. His mom (also rescued) was never the same. So now losing his surrogate daughter to drowning, it's kind of eery. Oh, and guess what, husband's employer is appealing that they lost their unemployment insurance appeal. husband isn't sure whose ego is involved here but I told him that, with the way he can sometimes get to me, it must be a woman lol. We're trying to keep it all in perspective. Thy will be done.

Anyway, I wanted to tell all of you how much I love you. You are an amazing source of support in my life. I tell you things I don't tell anyone else. I realize you've become my best friend. I often have to remind myself to pull back because it's an online forum anyone can see but it so doesn't feel that way.

Lastly, know that even if I don't respond to posts with words, you are always in my prayers. Thank you for accepting me, warts and all, into this family. I will try to catch up with posts in the coming days.

klmno

We love you, too, ML! I too must apologize for not responding as much as I should. I have felt on such a roller coaster ride the past few weeks that I didn't think I could handle reading some threads and I suppose that was selfish of me. But I still care about others here and what they are going thru. My heart goes out to you and your husband for this additional loss.

M

ML

KLMNO you are going though an intensley difficult time. We all know you care about us and words are often unncessary. I love you too.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
As my grandma used to say, "I think about you more than I write".

I can't tell you the number of times thru the course of the day that I wonder about members of my family here...you are absolutely in my prayers. Losing a young person is hard. Losing a young person to circumstances that you are horrificly familiar with...I can't fathom.

Hugs, love, and peace.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We love you too... Don't worry, we all have times we don't post much. Or it's all bad, or all good. Just glad you don't forget we're here for you!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm a lot like Shari, I think of so much of those of you who share yourselves on these pages. I once knew everyone's story and all the new members but I can't keep it up anymore. I miss not knowing some of the members like I used to but I do believe we are a better community to each other than actual neighbors. We get each other. I have so much gratitude for the members here. It helped formed who I became these last 12 yrs or so. ML I'm glad you trust us and I have the same feelings towards you.
I really did appreciate being reminded about those of us, around us, who are emotionally frail. Many hugs to you and your sweet husband.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I think of you and so many others here... it is funny I will be walking or doing something and one of you will pop into my head. I will think along the lines of, "What would so and so think?" or "I wish I could share this with the board right now"- LOL

I agree with what Shari said. I am sorry for what you and husband are going through. He is lucky to have you and for your understanding.

I love you as well.

Mattsmom277

A wonderful part of this group is the knowledge we all have that if someone needs to talk more, or someone is unable to interact as much, it is okay. What people need here, it seems others pull through with understanding and offer to each other. Power of the board, right?

My warm thoughts continue you and your husband's way. What a tragic loss of his sister. Those experiences really are life altering and this new loss would bring so much back to mind, fresh again. I'm glad he has you in his corner.

susiestar

Roll With It
You have exactly NOTHING to apologize for. I am like Shari's gma, thoughts of my family here are in my thoughts throughout the day. I am so very sorry that your friend died, and even more sorry that it has brought up all kinds of old feelings and ptsd for your husband. Even if I don't write on your posts, I think of you. Sometimes my hands don't work so typing is a pain and I don't get to post on every thread.

Healing from this tragedy is going to be a long and painful process for the family, esp your husband. Please urge your husband to go to a grief counsellor or grief therapy group. Many funeral homes offer them free of charge. I lost a high school friend to suicide the year I went away to school. The grief therapy is what held me together that semester. Your husband will likely need to process the accident and loss of his sister all over again - MANY people need years to get to the point that they can use grief therapy - a few of the members of my group were dealing with losses in their childhood that they just stuffed away. It is surprising how much grief therapy can help - even if your husband just goes and never says a word.

Sending LOTS of hugs and strength to you. Remember that we are always with you, whether we post or not, even if you haven't been here for a while.

Love you!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{ML}} oh sweetie, you give so much of yourself everyday to each and everyone here too!

Things have a way of working out. Your H had a guardian angel with him. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.