The great things abou 2010.....

JJJ

*****This thread is only for POSITIVE statements.*****

Please post some good things that happened for you and yours in 2010!

klmno

I got a job and was able to move away from that jurisdiction that was clearly enabling difficult child a whole lot more than helping him. :)

And you??

JJJ

The positive things in our life this year...

Kanga....transitioned to larger Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and has a job!!!

Eeyore...made 1st honor roll, made the track and volleyball teams at school, and has matured into a great young man (changing his status to easy child for 2011!!)

Piglet...made 2nd honor roll, made her elite team of choice - ranked #2 in the country!!, and has matured into a helpful, engaging young lady!

Tigger...is making definite gains in behavior and academics, did great in Special Olympics including a State Championship in Pentatholan!!

husband...found a new hobby and is happier.

me...lost 25 pounds (for a total of 35 gone), have accomplished tons of my personal mini-goals including alot of progress on redecorating my house.

susiestar

Roll With It
I finally opened my eyes to the abuse from my mother and gfgbro and took steps to limit my children's exposure to it!!! husband is still in very good spirits in spite of being unemployed for over a year. husband is now a semi-regular on one of NPR's shows!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
wm got a job at his transitional high school. kt is doing well in main stream academics on her online high school. The tweedles have grown & matured.

My art was accepted in 3 art shows this past spring & summer. AND I'm surviving this record breaking winter thus far.

I almost forgot - Lenny, my hearing dog. He's a wonderful addition to my life.

What more can be said?

P

PatriotsGirl

Okay, I will add:

My husband got the promotion he has been dreaming of and is excelling in it :D

easy child has grown and matured into such a loving young man! He makes me so proud!!

difficult child got her GED.

KTMom91

Miss KT went away to college and finished the semester with respectable grades.

My grandbaby Maddie.

Hubby loves his network training classes and is doing very well. He'll graduate January 24.

I managed to get on another school's preferred sub list, bringing the total to 4, which I expect will keep me very busy.

Mom2oddson

difficult child-Ant came home! He's been clean and sober since December 8th. And will be heading into rehab very soon. (waiting for insurance and an available bed), then he wants to go into Job Corp to get his GED and then study to be an RN through them.

Wiped Out

Staff member
*Of my two aunts and two uncles who had serious health concerns this year, three are still alive!

*My father in law who lost his leg last December is still with us!

*husband and I still have our sense of humor even with all the year brought!

*I have a wonderful class this year that makes going into work each day joyful and fun-filled (most days anyways:))

*easy child/difficult child got her driver's license!

*difficult child can still make us laugh-he really does have an amazing sense of humor.

Estherfromjerusalem

My greatgrandson was born in 2010, so I became a greatgrandmother and my daughter is a grandmother. He is now three months old, and gorgeous.

My difficult child applied for a tourist work visa in Australia, and received it a couple of days ago!! (sorry Marg that your country will have my difficult child in it, but it will be far from me). He plans to go in February. It's a visa for a year, and he is allowed to work during that time. My husband is devastated that difficult child will be going so far away and for so long, and I on the other hand am having difficultry controlling the smile that creeps on my face each time I think of it!!! Well, he is 24 years old now and with no responsibilities, not married or anything, so this is the time for him to do what he wants (within reason).

I've had a good supply of work this year (I'm self-employed), my health is more or less under control -- yes, it has been a good year.

Love, Esther

H

HaoZi

I still have a job.
The truck is still running.
The kid is still breathing.
Ditto the cat and fish.
And kiddo's grandparents.

muttmeister

difficult child#1 got married and is doing well.
difficult child#2 is still married and has 3 great kids.
My 96 year old mother is still doing well (for her age).
I paid off one of my credit cards.
I bought a pair of size 5 pants and they fit.
I was able to visit my friends several times this year.
My dogs continue to bring me happiness.
difficult child 1 built me the garden seat I'd been wanting for several years.
I am better off than 90% of the people in this world and I'm also able to help a few of them.
Life is good.