The nerve of me...

meowbunny

She's 7 -- the world does revolve around her or at least it did for a long, long time. It's just beginnng to revolve around other people, too. You do need to go out more. The more of a life you have, the more you'll help her grow into the kind of woman you want her to be.

Hope you have a super time and barring blood, bones showing through skin, YOU GO! She can have all the temper trantrums, crying and screaming fits she wants. You hand her over to her grandmother's and YOU GO.

Have a ball! He puts on a great show.

DazedandConfused

Oh my! Have a fantastic time! I'm jealous.

I also get the same kinda of nonsense from Son and HE'S TWELVE.

I went and had dinner with an old friend who I hadn't seen in over a year, when Son found out he had a meltdown. I'm not kidding, he cried and wailed, then loudly lamented how it wasn't "fair" (to which I replied: "Oh, you are, LIKE, sooo wrong. It's TOTALLY fair").

I rarely go out to dinner.

Anyway, I ended up just ignoring him. He simply will not accept any reason I give him for why he can't go too. He ended up having a bad night when I was gone and tried to pit husband and I against each other. It didn't work, but a really nice evening ended on a big downer.

So, make sure you let us know how it went.