Think I'm making the stuff up now? Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well At least NOW I know I'm COVERED BY CAMERAS -------and I don't ever carry a purse....I gave it a rest today and I think the stress caught up to me finally - I took a three hour mid-day nap. I NEVER do that. OMG do you think that DF could allow that to happen? Honey - the phone is for you? Who is it? UHhhh I dunno - Who is this.....(DUH MAN didn't you ask that BEFORE you handed me the phone) This is so n so with such and such selling blah blah..CLICK.....Grrrrrrrrrrrr. (sends death stare and laser lights through man standing at end of bed) who an hour later came unglued when the house phone, his cell phone and MY cell phone rang all at the same time. OH DEAR LORD -----I got up and said -----LOOKIT ------House phone caller ID - TELEMARKETER - pick up - CLICK....end that. My cell.....MUTE......and your cell? Its your SISTER - ANSWER IT.

GOOD GRIEF - someone needs to give me a job managing men who cant cope with phones.

N

Nomad

What Donna said resonates with me. I do think there is some behind the scenes stuff going on that you aren't privy to. STanding up to her, without going ballistic, may have worked. You had nothing to lose. And I too believe what goes around comes around. But if you felt you were going to lose it, better to have left. Eventually, she will get "hers." Do you think there is any chance at all that volunteering where you use to work will help you get your job back? I hope it doesn't take time away from finding another job. Yes, men can be "different," when it comes to the phones!!!

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
I think the woman wanted Star out because Star did not dilly-dally around or waste time or take long breaks with-o clocking out. Star was able to get more done in less time that this woman, and the woman thought that the boss would begin to expect more than the very barest of minimums from all of them. So she tried to terrorize Star and got her fired.

I am sorry you got fired, and sooner or later this WILL come back to bite her - hard.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie* - You ARE right, sadly. Dumb thing is - if her biggest problem was time/jealousy spent with the boss? DUH - now they have to hire someone and train them all over - UM -what do you think boss is going to be doing with NEW person?????? Sheesh. Not the brightest crayon in the box. And as quiet as it was when I walked in there yesterday? I think everyone NOW gets that THEY could be next - no one is really chatty. It only takes one bad apple to spoil a whole bushel....Good thing the rest of the apples are tough.

I'm sad I lost a job I loved....but when you sit and think about it? Life goes on - and like Buddy said- all the drama is new right now. In a week it won't matter. I think that's very true. Even bee stings subside. I just know wherever I go? I'm me.....and I didn't say a mean thing about this woman or an unkind gesture. I really do hope she gets help from all of this. Bottom line - She could have been a manager, she could have been a leader, she could have helped me and instead as a grown woman she sought to set me up to get her jollies out of it. Her continued actions or rather lack of; ultimately cost me my job. THere are so many rules there to remember and when you have a boss that says continually "Oh that's okay - sure go ahead and do that." You believe them and don't assume for an instant you're being lied to about COMPANY policy - WHO would do such a thing? You could get fired. Well - YOU (is me) not her. She knew how to play the game - but eventually like you said Susie - it will probably come back to bite her - and the saddest thing out of it all?

I get "it" - I get how I like to be treated and do my best to treat people in kind or if possible - better - be an example, practice what you preach. Sure I'm human and I would like to rip a few words off to her - but when you take a moment to look over the situation, and realize what is really going on -smarter heads prevail - and you realize that NO MATTER how badly she feels she's hurt me....."I get it" and she does not. She may never get it - and that's so sad. To go through life petty, angry, jealous, vengeful, miserable, kniving, the feelings of aloneness, and profit at the hurt of another.WHAT a complete waste of your God given talents and time....I'd never want to be there. I work hard to make sure I stay away from there - we all should. If that was something I counted as a joy in life? How very sad. I think we all know how that feels whether directly or indirectly at the treatment of our children in society - A bully, is a bully, is a bully - and they have big issues. They only issue I have right now is finding a good job. It will come.

I hope the thing that does come around to bite her is knowledge, and compassion. They are two of the things she lacks the most in life.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well - it's DOUBTFUL that it's going to happen - Sigh.......She went after yet another customer. Good Grief. Now corporate is aware of her as a 'situation'. SHEESH.

Status
Not open for further replies.