Tonight's 20/20

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by HaoZi, Jul 22, 2011.

1. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

difficult children galore - to give parents of PCs a glimpse into our lives.

2. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm watching, how incredibly sad.

Nancy

3. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Very. I have to wonder how many hospitals she called before finally finding one with a bed.

4. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

So, is there a way to find it online?

5. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

6. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

It's not on yet in my time zone. I'm wondering if this is an update or a repeat, because I saw an episode with this family about a year ago. It is very sad but it's something that needs to be shown -- the general public typically has NO CLUE what life with severe mental illness is like for a family.

7. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Just asked Hubby to set the timer for me.

8. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Oops it said 10pm ET -- I bet I missed it. :(

9. lovemysons

lovemysons Well-Known Member

I watched the show too...Yes, very sad.

While having Bipolar Disorder myself and a young difficult child who also suffers from mood disorder...can honestly say though that my behavior as a child and even that of my sons NEVER was that extreme. Yes, rages and extreme reactions but no psychotic features as a child. It was only in a full blown manic episode for myself 4 1/2 yrs ago that I experienced psychosis.
    These children and their families were REALLY suffering in ways I have not known.

I do find it interesting that those with Pyschotic features (myself included) are dealing with dark, nightmarishes voices and images...mine involved good and evil and "competing for my soul". I can relate to the intense fear and anguish in that state of mind...and wanting to end one's life. It was frightening beyond belief when I experienced it.

LMS

10. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

I think you can watch it online using the link I posted.

11. keista

keista New Member

That link was just 'preview' clips. On the top bar there is a button for 20/20 where you can go find the full episodes, but that one isn't posted yet. They usually post it a week after airing.