Too Long Gone, Checkin' In & Update

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Happy Mothers' Day to all! I confess, I've become addicted to facebook so that's where I've been.....

Just a quick capsule update for those who remember me....difficult child got his 3rd DUI this January, fired from his job. He continues to dabble in research & development of his disease.

Last July 2009 he married Julius' mommy, they are expecting a new baby this December!

Julius was born with Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome, affecting his ability to make healthy platelets in his blood. He has done amazingly well, only three platelet transfusions, and one IVGB treatment. Has not suffered any other ill health affects.

difficult child, daughter in law & J are now enroute to UM Hospital in Minneapolis to begin the four-month ordeal of bone marrow transplant, in hopes of a cure for J. I plan to be there with them beginning May 19 thru June 1. Transplant Day will be May 27, which is a Full Moon!

easy child graduated HS last spring, went away to Mich Tech for college.....but couldn't sign the financial student loan papers when he did the math & realized he'd go over $100K in debt over 4 years! He withdrew one day and enrolled in a local Tech School the next day and I've enjoyed having him with me for an extra year. He remains, as always, my easy child Hero, and has been so wonderfully supportive to difficult child this past year, really loves his nephew! It's pretty touching to see.

I will spend some time dabbling around here and getting caught up. So happy to see so many familiar names!

Peace

Kathy813

Staff member
Hi Ponygirl,

I just responded on the Mother's Day thread that I was happy to see you. I'm glad to hear that baby J is doing well and hope that all goes well with his bone marrow transplant. I was gone for awhile, too, but came back due to recent developments with my difficult child. You can go back and look at my threads for the sad story.

In the meantime, just seeing your name again brought a smile to my face. I remember the many nights when we took turns rowing the lifeboat for each other.

~Kathy

Tiapet

Old Hand
Many thoughts go out for the little one and the transplant. That things will go well and it will definitely make him better!

DammitJanet

Pony! Your ears must have been burning because I was just talking about you the other day! LOL. Was missing you and hoping you would turn up one day and here you are.

Prayers for baby J that all goes well. Tsking my tongue at difficult child but as always, they are who they are arent they...sigh. How cool that a new baby is on the way! Cool beans. As you can see, I have three now and I imagine that is the way it will stay unless Billy has one. Jamie is fixed and it appears Corys girlfriend cant have any. Works for me...lol.

Stick around...maybe you will be a magnet to bring some more oldies back!

katya02

Solace
Lots of good wishes and best of luck with the transplant. You have your hands full! But it's great that
baby J is doing well so far. You'll be a great source of strength for daughter in law and difficult child.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ahhhhh this is too funny. I was talking about you the other day too. lol. So there you are.....and little Julius is such a trooper. Wow.....what a love. My heart just sank when I read how brave he must have to be to go through what he does. You're an awfully strong Gma to endure this with him. My hats off to ya.

Congratulations on the new little one......it's a girl. A very healthy no complications girl. One little girl. Really we should get a pool going here. I've been pretty good at it. lol.

It's good to see you - glad you're going to get caught up.

Hugs & Love
Star

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Wow! Too funnie you gals are all talking about me behind my back :tongue: Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts & words, my friends! Star, we are most fervently hoping for a girl!! They will find out for sure as soon as possible, just as they did with Julius. Gotta run off to work for now, can report difficult child, daughter in law, & Baby J did arrive safely at Ronald McDonald House yesterday!

Peace

DDD

I wasn't talkin' about you Pony.........but I did think about you last week and wonder how it was going. Good to get an update and see you visiting the family again. Hugs. DDD