Triple hit

TerryJ2

difficult child had a LL baseball game tonight, lo-o-onng game, 2-1/2 hrs, 5 innings. He hit a triple, and also played 3rd base, and pitched 2 innings. They won. He did such a good job, the coach gave him the "game ball." He is so excited he can't go to sleep!
Everything seems to be coming together for him lately ... I know a lot of it is the medications and a lot is that he's finally putting some effort into his behavior.
I am afraid to post this ... you know how we have to bite our tongues sometimes when things go too well. ;)
He actually said he plays better and pushes himself more when I watch. Whoah. I never knew that. I didn't think he cared. He's always so into himself, you'd never know. It's nice to hear him talk for a change (and to say nice things!). I brought both dogs tonight (collies) and he liked that, too.
husband and I are taking a little vacation this weekend and difficult child will be staying with-friends. He is SO excited! I am going to have to email his teacher to warn her that he may not be getting much sleep Mon and Tues ... :sick:He said he didn't want to hurt my feelings, but he was really looking forward to us leaving so he could stay with-his friends. :D:tongue:
Last Sat., he pulled apart the sleeper sofa downstairs, vacummed out the entire thing, cleaned up all the pencils, socks and other items that had fallen through the cracks, built up a good sweat doing it, for no good reason. Then he asked if he could be paid (after the fact) and I said sure, and gave him $2. ;)
Sometimes I wonder what gets into him, but I'm not complaining ...

Last edited:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Terry,
What a nice update!:) How great that he had a triple! Very cool that you and husband get to get away for a bit.

Andy

Oh how wonderful! Way to go difficult child! Good game and good work in the house.

So nice that you and husband can get away knowing that all will be good at home. That makes the time away so much better.

meowbunny

Terry, even if he totally falls apart again, you post things like this for several reasons -- to give others hope, to brag, to help you remember (print out your post and put it in a binder -- call it your brag book).

In the meantime, Way To Go kiddo! A triple is pretty remarkable and pitching two innings -- WOWSER.

by the way -- If he works that cheap, send him my way. He can help in my business.

TerryJ2

Thank you all.
He will undoubtedly have a meltdown in the middle of next wk, since the kids he's staying with-have video games, and keeping him away from wheat will be nearly impossible, because even though the moms will be aware of it, cookies and stuff will be all over their houses and within easy reach. I am basking in the temporary goodness of the moment ... :)

Mac&Cheese

TERRY, Continue to bask in the moment...you deserve it! What you posted about the triple, helping at home and wanting to stay with friends was what we all desire...NORMAL STUFF FOR OUR KIDS! You gave me hope and a smile today. Blessings to you!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Bask away. And GO difficult child! Great news on the baseball plays. Doesn't seem that long ago you were debating him playing at all.

So...VA isn't that far away...you wanna work on another one? lol