Twisting Of Words

B

Bunny

easy child has been sick since yesterday. I took him to the doctor this morning and he has strep, which was what I figured it was. Anyway, a few weeks ago difficult child was really sick and I made sure that easy child stayed away from him, not only so that he would not get sick as well, but so that he didn't annoy difficult child. There is nothing worse than a sick difficult child throwing a tantrum about something.

So, when easy child woke up sick yesterday I told difficult child to leave him alone and let him rest, and I reminded him how I kept easy child away from him while he was sick. He said that he knew and he seemed to be doing pretty good about it. Tonight I hear easy child yelling at difficult child to get out of his room. I walk upstairs and all seems quiet. They are each in their own rooms. I walked into easy child's room and asked him why he was yelling and he said that difficult child keeps bothering him. I didn't see what happened, so I wasn't going to scold difficult child for bothering easy child, but I walked out of easy child's room and closed his door and I again asked difficult child to stay out of difficult child's room because he wasn't feeling well. He turned the whole thing around and started in about he he wasn't bothering easy child and why do I always blame him. I quietly said to him that I wasn't blaming him for anything. I was simply reminding him that easy child doesn't feel well and that I want him to leave easy child alone.

I hate the twisting of words.

T

TeDo

Ditto the others. That is EXACTLY how things go at our house. The literal is going to drive me insane some day.