Unhealthy hamburger meter!

Discussion in 'Healthful Living / Natural Treatments' started by Star*, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

2. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

That makes me want to hold my arms up in the air, run around, and yell "OMG! ONOZ!"

3. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

I was at Taco Bell a couple of months ago (taco jones...don't ask), and they had a poster by the pick-up counter that provided nutritional information for all of the items on their menu.

As it turns out, the things that seem to be the healthier choices (taco salad, soft-shell taco) were some of the highest fat, highest calorie items on the menu.

I have found this link to be very helpful:
    Calorie King Food Database
    It tells me all of the calorie counts and other nutrition details for lots of popular foods. Helps to keep me in line, even when I have to grab food on the go.

All the best,
    Trinity

4. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

I haven't eaten a fast food hamburger since 1975, when I got food poisoning at B.....K...
    At home, we make hamburgers from ground turkey. There's still some fat but nowhere near the amt that beef has.
    I love the calorie guides that fast food places have now.

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

OMG. Good thing I don't like Mc Donald's. Well, actually I'm not a fan of fast food anyway.

Me, I like the good ol' fashioned country cooking meant to keep meat on your bones while putting in a 16 hr day in the fields.:wow::spaghetti::rofl2:

And if you don't put in those 16 hrs in the fields it can be lethal to your waistline. lol

Once every 6 months or so I'll make myself a breakfast burrito. Yum!

Trinity that Database will be wonderfully helpful. If not to me, then to the girls. Thanks.

Hugs