Update on husband's Surgery

weenie1

crazy mom
Everything went great:redface: doctor says should make full recovery. All the nervous did what they were supposed to and husband said his right hand and arm already feels better.
He looked pitiful, he was in so much pain:sad-very:. I felt real bad for him. It was a 5 hour surgery, I was so stressed out. I only got to spend 1 hour with him then I had to leave cause they have him ICU for the night. they said he might get to come home tomorrow if everything goes good. If not he wil be put in a regular room and I will be able to stay with him.

The nurse said he is drink good and is eating liquids good. As long as he keep peeing good and has a bowl movement then he should get to come home.

Thanks for all the prayers. I love you guys.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's so great to hear! Hope he gets discharged soon -- hospitals are horrible for rest and recuperation. That's best done at home.

weenie1

crazy mom
They released him around 3 today. He is resting in the recliner, I have done had to get on him for going outside to take to someone that had came over. I left my 20 yr old neice here with him and he did not listen to her so she called me. I called the person he was talking to and made them take him in the house. Men.

There was more damage than the doctor tought but he was able to fix all of it. husband has all the feelings back in his hands. There is no numbness or tingling. He is still in a lot of pain but that is to be expected. I am just glad that its over and he is home

I laughed when the doctor wrote on the release papers no sex. The look on husband's face was priceless. :surprise: I am a little nervous about being home alone with him tonight but I know it will be okay. He has been eating good, choked a few times but nothing serious.

difficult child 1 was crying when he seen his dad but I told him he was going to be fine. He did'nt want to stay home tonight so my brother came and got him and difficult child 2 she said she was scared for her daddy and wanting to stay another night with my sis. easy child didnt have a choice so I sent him home with mother in law.

I do have my nephew and his wife in the camper if I need any help. I am just so nervous. I wish I could lose this feeling. I probably wont get any sleep but hey at least hes home.

Thank yawl for all the prayers I really do appreciate it. Love yawl.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I laughed when the doctor wrote on the release papers no sex. The look on husband's face was priceless. :surprise:

:rofl: Yup. That was the FIRST thing my husband wanted to know after BRAIN SURGERY. No sooner did he get moved from ICU to a regular room and he's asking: When can I... I wanted to clobber him! :hammer: