Update on my "senior sister's" teaching job offer.

DDD

I still say the Principal is looney toons but...my sister accepted the job and starts Monday. Here is how it went. As you recall she was abandoned in the classoom for a full day. She was offered that class to teach at $9.50 an hour. Next? The Principal called and told her that the original teacher was going to keep the class afterall. My sister was then offered $15.50 to teach reading four hours a day. She said she'd get back soon on that offer. Mulling it over she decided that was a good deal. Next? The very next day the Principal called and offered her the original class, full time, at $15.50 an hour. My sister is thrilled that she is once again going to be a full time teacher starting Monday. by the way, the first grade class is actually a K class. That's her favorite. Meanwhle, lol, I'm happy for her but shaking my head thinking this Principal is a lousy administrator. Here's hoping for a good year. The chldren will be lucky to have a top notch teacher introducing them to education. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Awww, I think that is the coolest. Your sister will be able to offer those K kids a nurturing learning environment that I think is lacking in most public schools these days, lucky little kids!

T

TeDo

I think that is awesome, however it came about. I hope she got everything in writing BEFORE she starts. I don't know that I'd trust that principal to not change his mind again. LOL

TerryJ2

Oh, my, what a mixed up introduction! I am excited for your sister, though. And I agree with-Star--get that contract in writing in blood asap.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's fantastic!!! You know, age really is relative. If you're healthy and motivated, I see no reason to stop working because you hit some special number, especially if the job is something you enjoy doing. Besides the obvious economic benefits, work can bring a sense of meaning, a sense of purpose and accomplishment.

I also agree that she needs to get written confirmation of the agreement.

keista

Congratulations to your sister, but DON'T have her get it in writing just yet. It sounds like the deal gets better with every offer. If principal chanes his mind .....again....... it might be an even sweeter deal! LOL