Update on tweedle dum....

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by timer lady, Oct 4, 2007.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

wm called me last night .... just to check in. It was a most pleasant telephone call - I haven't enjoyed a call so much from wm ever. :smile:

It only lasted 5 minutes.

wm called to ask me how I was feeling. He then wanted to talk about the chapter of the Harry Potter book he is currently reading. It takes wm forever to get a chapter down & he's proud that he's on chapter 7 now. I'm proud also - it takes so much for him to sit still long enough to read a page or two. :reading:

He asked a couple of nonsense - he knew what the answer were - questions; AND he caught himself & I didn't have to say a word. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping to coordinate with wm's day treatment & his in home counselor for a visit & lunch with wm next week at day treatment.

wm is maturing - slowly, but he is maturing. I love that young man. I hung up with a smile on my face & a tear in my eye. :flower:

2. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Linda,

This post is making me have tears in my eyes. It is great you were able to enjoy such a conversation with wm! It is wonderful to here maturity is coming be it ever so slowly! :dance:

3. Kjs

Kjs Guest

That is such good news. Happy for you.

4. jannie

jannie trying to survive....

5. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

How nice and sweet! :smile: :angel:

6. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

:thumbsup: tears and a smile here, too! :thumbsup:

7. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

That had to warm your mommy heart.

8. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

It is so nice when that happens. I am glad you had such a good conversation.

Beth

9. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

:its_all_good:

Linda, it's been awhile since we've heard a positive posting on wm. Great news!

:bravo:

Sharon

10. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Aw, tears came to my eyes also. :flower:

:bravo: What an awesome update on wm!

11. Sheila

Sheila Moderator

Wow! That's so hopeful. :thumbsup:

12. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

I haven't heard a positive comment about wm's behavior in a long time. Isn't nice when they are nice and/or normal? :bravo:

:smile:

13. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I am so thrilled!! It sounds like wm is really making progress!

He loves his mom, even throughout all the problems. It is nice that he was able to show you he cared!

Susie

14. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

that's wonderful Linda!

15. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

I rec'd a call from wm's group home case manager/SW this afternoon. wm was re-evaluated (the Vineland) & he's grown emotionally from 2 years of age a year ago to 6 years of age in most of his responses & such.

That's a huge "growth spurt", if you will, in that period of time. Everyone is beginning to see changes in wm - it's slow but it's growth & we'll take it. :its_all_good:

16. OpenWindow

OpenWindow Active Member

Linda,

So nice to read the good news. Here's hoping for the growth to continue spurting!

Linda