very bad day

threebabygirls

Today difficult child has been in rare form. She goes from one irritating behavior to the next. She has been bugging her sisters nearly nonstop, and being really obnoxious to me: talking back, hitting me, punching me, etc.
easy child 2 loves playing dress up. difficult child purposely ripped the sleeve on easy child 2's Cinderella gown, with a huge grin on her face as easy child 2 burst into tears. She keeps chasing easy child 1, swinging at her, throwing things, squirting her with water. I gave easy child 1 a stack of books and told her to lock herself in my bedroom.
It's going to be a looooonnnngggggggg summer.

JJJ

Can you get difficult child into the special recreation camp? This is the first year that I have been brave enough to send Tigger -- and only because his track coach is one of the counselors and I heard her go off about another counselor wanting a kid dropped from the bowling class do to behavior (We do NOT drop kids because their special needs make them hard to deal with -- those are the kids we are here for!!)

With Tigger at camp 9am-2pm, I think Eeyore and Piglet will have a more relaxing two weeks. They both play with him very well, but he is exhausting.

Your park district should be able to direct you to your local SRA.

DazedandConfused

Very impulsive behavior. I'm wondering, have you seen an improvement since the Concerta? Because it is a stimulant it can make that kind of behavior even worse.

When Son was prescribed Concerta, oh boy, it wasn't pretty. He was especially vicious toward his sister. He's irritable most of the time toward her anyway, but with Concerta his behavior went way over the top.

Has she undergone any evaluations?

Mandy

Parent In Training
That sounds a lot like my sons behavior on his bad days but he has been diagnosed with a Mood Disorder which is Dr. is definitly calling biplolar disorder now. I am not sure what evaluations you have had but I would definitly let your Dr. know about today. BIG HUGS!!! Those days are the worst!:(

Wiped Out

Staff member
So sorry it has been such a difficult day. This definitely reminds me of my difficult child. I like the idea of some type of camp. Camps have saved our lives in the summer.

LittleDudesMom

Summer can definately be challenging with a bored or unstable difficult child!

I agree that perhaps an activity, church camp, park and recs program, etc., for difficult child could be the answer. It could give her sibs some peace and keep her occupied and even make her think she's a little special!

Short of that, perhaps you need to get some kind of routine into their summer days at home.

Good luck.
Sharon

aeroeng

Mom of Three
In addition to seeing if there are any special camps for difficult child, sending the PCs to camp can also help. difficult child won't torment them if they are not there. We have arranged the summer so at any week at least one kid is ether at camp, one of the grandparent sets, aunts & unkels or a friend's house for the week. We also make sure the grandparents get only one kid at a time. (I had to use some project management software to organize the schedule).

M

ML

I agree with the others. Camp! Our difficult children do seem to thrive with routine and flounder without it. I wish you a much better day today and remind you that you're not alone, we ALL get it. xo

threebabygirls

I have been on the lookout for any programs she can attend. We've done vacation bible school twice already. This week we have out-of-state family visiting, so we're busy with that. I have been structuring her day more, and that's helping.

TerryJ2

Oh no! Poor easy child.
Camp, camp, camp!
The YMCA has inexpensive programs.
I'd go insane if there were no summer camp.