Went to the

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by mrscatinthehat, Jun 24, 2009.

1. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

midnight showing of the new Transformers movie with husband. There is just something about seeing a movie when it first comes out. I don't do the theater for many movies but thought this one needed to be on the big screen with the big Autobots and Decepticons.

I am glad that I don't have to work. Poor husband does though. Ah well. It was a very pleasant night.

2. standswithcourage

standswithcourage New Member

My son works at the movie theater! We get in free!!!! So we will probably be seeing the movie too. I am not much on science fiction but I have heard this movie is awesome!

3. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

We all went to see The Proposal with Sandra Bullock on Father's Day. It was cute, predictable - a romantic comedy. I think she does it well. And that guy Ryan Reynolds, well, I just laugh whenever I see his face. He's funny.

4. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

I've never been a big Transformer fan but I have to admit Transformers seem to have a very wholesome story line and teach good values. I love the word DECEPTIcon....a double negative to describe the bad guys - very clever.

Glad you had a night out Beth - you deserve it...and thanks for the review.

I got to see the Wrestler on Fathers Day and do NOT recommend it for anyone - what a let down.

5. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Beth,
    Sounds like it was a nice night to go out. husband and difficult child are going to see it on Saturday morning, I think I'm going to skip it. I did see Proposal, thought it was hilarious!

6. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

difficult child and his buddy went to see it today. He says it's awesome.

7. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I saw the Proposal a couple of nights ago. I loved it.

Star....The Wrestler was awful. I kept waiting for a plot. Such a boring movie and a waste of two hours.