Why the Liv Rm? She has her own room!

susiestar

Roll With It
Jess feels awful. She hurts. I get it. Truly I do.:sad-very:

But I don't understand WHY she INSISTS on being in the living room!

She hurts, head, leg has 2 raised lumps of muscle that are clearly visible, most everything hurts.

She said light was bugging her. She put a blanket over her head.

Then she started griping at thank you because he was typing too hard on the computer. Then he was talking to himself and it bugged her. Then I was walking and THAT bugged her.

So I told her to go to her room. Even offered to help support her in case her knee and/or leg gives out as she walks (happening a lot today).

No. That just was cruel and unusual punishment. :confused:

So then she was in her room having a fit. :mad:

She has a supportive and comfy bed. A nice chair that is comfy.

But she STILL INSISTS on being in the living room.

I just don't get it. She can have all the quiet she wants in her room. But griping at us in the public rooms is just not OK.

So she had another fit because thank you's new rock tumbler is "too loud" when she is in her room.

BS. Her room is diagonally across the house from his. I have been in there. Went in purposely to see if it was audible in her room. Not even with his door open can it be heard.

This is going to drive me either nuts or to drink. It is such a PITA. And physical therapy (which pediatrician says we must do before we see a rheumy) can't get her in for 3 more weeks. That is for the initial evaluation. It will be a couple more weeks after that before tehy have space to treat her. But the only other PT place in town is just not reputable. So we wait.

Thanks for letting me rant.

klmno

Well, she doesn't want to be alone. But, she doesn't want to "put up with" others doing their own thing. Maybe everyone is supposed to be doing what she wants????

Sorry- I'm being sarcastic. LOL!! I hope she gets it soon- it sounds like you need to remind her that it's an "either-or" situation and she can make her choice.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think she just wants some attention and comforting -- a little regression is probably normal.

But I agree that she's better off in her room. Can you set up a small TV in there? Something to get her mind off her misery...

susiestar

Roll With It
I appreciate the sympathy. I needed it. It IS irritating.

But you are right, some regression is problem normal as much as she is hurting. I almost wish she was faking it because then she wouldn't really be hurting, just would be being a PITA, Know what I mean?? I hate it when one of my kids is in pain.

I can't even give her a massage because it just hurts too much.

I do what comforting I can, and then have her go to her room. I wish I had an extra dvd player to hook up to a tv in her room. We don't have any tv service, so no dvd player or vhs player and no tv. She has a TON of books though. I may go pick up a couple of books for her tomorrow.

Thanks.

everywoman

I really think jess and jana must be sisters from different mothers. They are so alike--lol. Does jess freak hearing someone else eat? That's my very favorite!!!

nvts

Ok Susie! Get a heating pad - that'll help with the muscles. Get one of those sleeping masks (some of them come with a gel in them that you can heat up which might soothe the headaches). Get some of those massage rocks that you can heat up and place on all of the sore spots. Get her the remote, books, snacks and anything else she needs.

Get earplugs for the rest of you! ;)

She just might be really super sensory because her nerve endings are so "right on the surface" from everything else going on.

I really sympathize - GFGDH has been in that mode since Turkey Day - sick with one thing after another - and it does drive you mad!

I liken it to being pecked to death by ducks.

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
OMG, Jana does that too??? And in spite of freaking, Jessie is the messiest eater for a teen girl I have EVER seen. And NOT a quiet eater either!

I actually put a tape recorder next to the chair one day to catch the sound of her eating - on the tape her eating noises came back MUCH louder and ickier than thank you's, and thank you was actually CLOSER to the recorder because he is so much shorter!

She didn't appreciate the evidence, ROFL!

Sorry jana puts you through this.

Jess just came to me in absolute tears. She was literally hopping on her good leg holding herself up against the wall! The little idiot found some exercise thing my husband got and was using it. It is a rubber tube with handles at each end and you put it under your foot. Of COURSE she put it under the foot on the leg with-the bad knee.

And did NOT get much sympathy for that one.

everywoman

Jana has a horrible "something." Head, throat, stomach. It probably didn't help that she went out four nights in four days last week and stayed out late. She can be so grumpy and needy when she's ill. Go ahead and complain here, I'll listen and then you want have to feel guilty for saying "You should have known better."

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs)))

Awwww Susie I know it's driving you up the wall, but she's trying not to be isolated. Not uncommon, even when she's really more uncomfortable in the livrm instead of her own room.

I hope she starts feeling better and gets some relief soon, poor kid. Poor you too.

Star*

call 911........call 911
My hugs to my baby -

Do you need movies or a VHS player? You dont' have one? I may have an extra if you want it. Used of course - but still -

And as far as her not sleeping in her room - Sometimes a crisp fresh set of new sheets and washed bedclothes, with a sprinkle of some type of baby talcum powder on the bed - some fluffed pillows and a special blanket.

In our house it's called the HarleyDave Blanket - It's this HUGE black and orange fuzzy blanket, heavy and even when one of the dogs gets sick THAT's the blanket.....everyone wants to lay under. It seems it's the right weight and texture no matter what the illness....(unless of course it is a migraine) then nothing works.

I think everyone is right - she's trying to have white noise - it's too quiet in her room - how about some of those CD's that play background music like rain, rain forest, babbling brook, (unless Brooke talks too much and then she is annoying), or ocean waves - or night crickets or loons on a lake or my favorite - thunder storm. ????

And if all else fails - since SHE is in the living room - YOU go work in HER room. lol

(well...I'm not a total genius) lol

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh, thanks Star! We have a dvd and vhs player in the living room. We just don't believe in putting tv's in kids rooms. If we had an extra I would when they are sick (have in the past) or having a sleepover. But the portable dvd player isn't working and after she broke the screen on the other laptop I refuse to let her use mine to watch dvds.

You guys are all great. She is still cranky and grumbling at us, but last night she apologized for being so mean and said she understood why I wanted her in her room.

'Chelle

Sometimes when a person feels miserable, the only thing that makes them feel better is to make everyone else feel miserable. That's how it is when my husband is sick or hurting.

She probably just doesn't want to be alone, even though she hurts so that everything around her bugs her. Glad she apologized and at least sees that she's being miserable. Hope she feels a bit better.