Wisdom teeth

KTMom91

Just got back from the dentist...Miss KT will be having her wisdom teeth out on the 19th. That gives her two weeks to worry about it.

I told her I had no problems, and was eating real food the next day, but I don't think she believes me. One of her friends just had hers out today. Hope it went well so she can tell Miss KT there's no problem.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Well you tell Miss Kt not to worry. I had my top two wisdom teeth pulled first thing in the morning and was out and about (ahem....at the bar but not drinking) that night.

A week or two later, I had the bottom two CUT out and was downtown again the next night.

With the two that were pulled there was no swelling and only minimal with the bottom two. The only reason I didn't go out the night of the bottom two was that I had them knock me out so I wouldn't hear/see/smell anything. When I come out of anesthetic.....you've got a 50/50 chance of me being a bit....um.....cranky and out of it. Guess which one I got that day? :tongue:

Really the only problems I had was that I smoked and had a difficult time doing that. I had to be very, very careful so I didn't wind up with dry socket. Eating was kind of an issue but as long as I didn't scarf up a huge plate of crunchy nachos or something...I was fine.

Miss Kt may not know me but you do AND from TWO places. Think she'll believe me???

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope all goes well. I had the upper 2 taken out by my dentist and went in to work at the used bookstore I ran that afternoon. Mostly because my mom was driving me batty! I ate a lot of pudding, but I like pudding!

The bottom 2 were impacted so I was very woozy but was doing well the next day.

Just in case you need another "not such a big deal" story!

Tell her we are sending hugs!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hopefully it will all go fine and those babies will come out in a pinch!

I had no problems - had all four taken out at once on nothing but novacaine. I was laid up for one day and out the following night - and two of them were impacted and needed to be cut out.

easy child had them out recently and she had a difficult time. The surgeon said because she has such a tiny face and jaw, it was a considerable surgery and may take longer to heal. She was laid up for 4 days (face blown up like she was on steroids or something). But, in the end, she too was just fine!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for Miss KT that she is up and about in no time.

eekysign

Are they still doing it before they break through? I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 15 or so, I think----my oral surgeon described them as "little jelly balls" that hadn't formed into teeth yet. All he had to do was cut, remove them, and stitch! I was asleep for the whole thing, it was wonderful. Put tea bags on 'em, ate jello and soup for a day or two, and then I was good as new.

I have friends who are just getting theirs taken care of now. Ow. Owowowow. All I can say----thanks to my Momma for having mine done EARLY!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I think it will depend upon whether KT's Wisdom teeth are impacted and to what degree....

Some folks are in-and-out with no problems at all....

And others are laid up with facial swelling and pain for days.

Hopefully, Miss KT will be the easy variety.

If I might inquire--why does she need them removed?

--DaisyF

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hoping all goes well with Miss KT - and prayers for you that she is quiet for one day! Ah what to dooooo what to doooo.

Dude just had his out in January and we're STILL hearing about how he'd never do it again. (ORLY?) Maybe he is from another planet with 2 sets of teeth. lol

Sigh - only our difficult children....

KTMom91

Daisyface - The wisdom teeth are coming in and shifting her other teeth, and she got her braces off less than a year ago. She says they make her ears hurt (?), but I suppose if her jaw is hurting, her ears might hurt too. She goes off our insurance when she's 19, so I wanted to have it done before then, anyway.