Wish me luck!!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by mstang67chic, Jan 21, 2007.

1. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

I've been job hunting for awhile with no luck. I'm still working right now but only getting about 10 hours a week which does little to contribute to the household. Anyhoodles, the interview tomorrow is for a Event Planning/Sales position. I am planning on taking classes in the fall to get my certificate (didn't realize there was such a thing till I researched it) so maybe if I get the job, they'll pay for it!!!

I went shopping yesterday to punch up my interview outfit and found everything I wanted all on sale so maybe it's a sign???

2. On_Call

On_Call New Member

I would take the lucky shopping as a definite sign! :wink:

Wishing you luck and sending positive vibes your way!!

3. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed!

4. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Best of luck at the job interview tomorrow!

5. Janna

Janna New Member

Ohhhh, good for you!

Fingers crossed for you. Make sure you let us know how you make out!

Janna

6. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Good luck! I'm sure you'll wow them. :smile:

7. amy4129

amy4129 New Member

Good thoughts and candles burning. Please let us know what happens.
    Amy

8. Lori4ever

Lori4ever New Member

Good luck with the interview! I hope it goes well.

9. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Fingers crossed! Go impress the heck out of them! :warrior:

10. If they see what WE see - they will beg you to work for them!! Always remember that you have the "Power of the Board" with you!

Put a lucky penny in your shoe!

Amy

11. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Got home a bit ago from the interview. (Met a friend for lunch afterwards.) I thought it went pretty well. It was just one woman that I interviewed with and we seemed to get along good. It was probably the most informal and casual interview I've been too which I loved as I was very nervous. She had a full day of other applicants today but I played the suck-up card and ordered flowers for her on my way out of town to thank her again for her time and consideration. (Thanks go to my lunch date as she suggested it!) I'm hoping to hear something soon (forgot to ask how long she was going to take :hammer: ) as her assistant quit and she sounds like she really needs someone to start soon. I also told her that while I want to give my current employer 2 weeks notice, as I'm only working 10 hours a week, I can start with her immediately during the time I'm not already working. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

12. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Anyhoodle? Oh how adorable. You should get the job just for being able to create words like that! I love it!

I'm in the same boat with you. So here's to workywishy. Oh that just flat out stunk.

Hugs for the job
    Star

13. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

LOL Thanks Starb! Good luck with your search too!

14. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

I've sent thank you notes but never flowers after an interview. Clever! I hope she appreciates them.......and you get an offer PRONTO.

Fingers crossed!

Suz

15. SearchingForRainbows

SearchingForRainbows Active Member

I'm glad the interview is over. Waiting can be so hard... Hoping you get the job!!! WFEN P.S. The flowers were such a wonderful way to make sure the interviewer keeps pleasant thoughts of your meeting in her mind... Way To Go!!!