I was fired for reporting alcohol at middle school

Tiredof33

Gosh, my post went into never land, lol.

I overheard the relative of the principal offering alcohol to a group of middle school boys on school grounds. The worker is special needs, but not that much, he knows better. I privately reported the incident to the principal and the following week I received a text dismissal due to budget cuts. I have my teaching certs, but I choose to sub, so it's no big deal for me.

We are a rural high poverty area. 2 middle schools and 1 high school for the entire county. The schools get more stressful each year. This year we had a first grader cursing a teacher, anothet first grader shot a teacher a finger bird. Daily fights, so I'm ready to leave. Parents are also disrespectfull!

I know I've gotten older, but this generation has no respect for teachers, or adults for that matter. My substance abusing son has me stressed out enough. I enjoyed working with the children so there's always volunteer work!

KTMom91

Many hugs. I retired from substitute teaching after COVID. It wasn't fun anymore, as you said, there's kid stress and principal stress and at home stress...yeah. I hope you find something soon that's fulfilling.