New profile posts

Hi. My husband and I are deeply involved with observing supporting and encouraging our sister in Christ as she is learning how to navigate this situation exists inside her family. Her 20-year-old son, our nephew, is a nonproductive, unemployed, narcotics user, and alcoholic.
First time here. Struggling this Thanksgiving. Feeling depression coming on. Son is 49 in California & unemployed for nearly 2 years now. He's been trying to make it as some sort of futures trader. Now getting down to the bottom of his pit…no money left, not paying his debts etc. He has his vehicle he has been living out of. I could go on & on. He is on medication for bipolar & adhd. I’m in north carolina. So far away.
Oldest son is biracial, adopted, 33 yo with a fentanyl addiction, living on the streets in Phoenix without a cellphone or even I.D. We only hear from him when he can get to the library. Youngest son is 28 yo and doing well. We live in a small town outside of Atlanta, GA.
So happy to find this place! My son is 16 and struggling .My best friend has kids his age and it’s like honor roll! Omg track star! Omg so happy at prom !
I know I’m a bad person but sometimes I want to be like “ oh wow so happy for you !!!!”
Yesterday I finally said “ my son is almost at a 60 and MAY not have to stay back !!! “
She’s like 👀.
My envy isn’t cute …
R
Roxanne@74
I don't think it makes you a bad person to tell your friend to be more considerate. Otherwise, what kind of friendship is it if you are not there to support each other? I know I have many acquaintances, but truly, I have no friends because there isn't anyone in my life who's been there for me through thick and thin. Maybe I am too picky, but life taught me to be selective with people in the inner circle.
I just joined. Have an older daughter who is driving me crazy…demanding, yet demeaning. Ugh
Hello, This Jan 1 will be 13 years since my son was killed. He was 19. My surviving son Ray is now 33 and an active addict an is homeless. He has 2 beautiful children that I had to help his mom gain full custody of. We have not spoken in almost 3 years other than horrible text messages he sends me, I have now blocked him.
Today I woke up hopeless and depressed. I turned to this forum and feel so much better. I am feeling more hope for my ability to detach and live my own life.
Hi, just found this forum again. I am not very good with forums.
N
Nandina
Brokenmom, is there something we can help you with? Are you having difficulty posting? I’m not sure what you mean by not good with forums. Let me know, ok? I’m glad you found us again.
M
mom58
Hi Nanadina, But found a link talking about bailing her son out of jail. So just click on that and here I am again. That post was from someone back 2013. How to follow a person or find them again I do not know how to do that. I had forgotten I even had an account here.
I am a formerly difficult child who was diagnosed with anxiety and ODD and medicated with Prozac at age 5. At the time of my diagnosis in the early 90s, I was in the first wave of very young children treated with Prozac and was used as a case study for the effects of Prozac on young children, in the treatment of ODD and for long-term treatment at higher dosages.
I am a single parent of two grown up boys, both having A.D.H.D. and one having added issues such as autism and mental health problems, anxiety. I need help and advise how to cope any further before I make one of them homeless, as I can not cope and he is making our lives a nightmare?
I am a mother of three adult children and grandma to five loveable grandkids. My son is bipolar mixed. He has come a long way. And I'm thankful. My youngest daughter has several mental health issues, one I'm sure is a Borderline (BPD). Because doctors don't live with her, they seem to miss this diagnosis.
Simion
Simion
I can emphasize with your situation with your daughter. Part of my daughters Borderline (BPD) is the ability to be incredibly charming, manipulating many a “ professional “ to overlooking Borderline (BPD). The seriousness of her mental illness was not seen by providers until we had a team of in home therapist & mentor.The unfortunate reality is my daughter did not improve and she / we struggle to this day dealing with her Borderline (BPD).
Raising my 7 year old grandson who was a neonatal abstinence baby now diagnosed with ADHD and mood dysregulation disorder. This is the hardest thing I've ever done but my love for him keeps me going
Stokes
Stokes
the trick is not to give up, even if those around you do. And don't really understand the reason why he is like the way he is. You know that he can't help most of the way he is, he was born that way - just take a little more time and patience to deal with some situations.
Tired of jumping through hoops!
I need help on how to let go of my adult daughter who has made it her mission to make me jump through hoops for the past 10 years. I am so tired and worn down and refuse to do it anymore.
M
mother101
If your a believer in Christ and answered prayers, Pray and give her to God, I did this with my daughter, and I no longer hurt but have sympathy for her now. I see the hurt and pain of our non communication in her face. I just pray for her daily now..
Had hoped he was doing OK. Now he's demanding financial support, while maintaining 'no contact', but also threatening to return home. How does that work??
I hope this is a private message, as it appears to be. I just wanted to ask if Kay's psychosis (if that's what it is) is drug induced or an actual mental illness? I know when my son was using meth he had such crazy paranoid delusions that it was truly terrifying and heartbreaking to watch. The good news is that once he stopped using all that largely went away.