Pet Names :-)

mom_in_training

I have noticed that many here have aquired a new family member be it a dog or a cat. I created this list of names a while back but thought to share. Some you may see repeated because at one point I seperated the girl names from the boys and could not find that file. I ended up fetching them from some sent files from an old e-mail address from a long time ago.

Here is a list of 100 name's.....

1. Faith

2. Destiny

3. Hope

4. Jasmine

5. Angel

6. Jewel

7. Katie

8. Kalli

9. Halli

10. Haily

11. Bambi

12. Asia

13. Autumn

14. Breeze

15. Jade

16. Freedom

17. Foxy

18. Honey

19. Blizzard

20. India

21. Italy

22. Summer

23. Precious

24. Spirit

25. LilBit

26. Savannah

27. Kitty

28. Tessa

29. Tessy

30. Daisy

31. Cookie

32. Dolly

33. Kelsey

34. Gizmo

35. Ali

36. Sadie

37. Hanna

38. Ellie

39. Madison

40. Maddie

41. Sequoia

42. Choctaw

43. Kali ( Meaning: Energy black goddess ) Indian Name

44. Kenya

45. Sapphire

46. Cassie

47. China or China Doll

48. Dakota

49. Emma

50. Gypsy

51. Havana

52. Haley

53. Mandy

54. Sage

55. Sassy

56. Paris

57. Wyat

58. Skipper

59. Whiskey

60. Sam

61. John Wayne

62. Indy

63. Jessy

64. Madeary (Precious or rare gift)

65. Winnie

66. Junior

67. Casey

68. Shorty

69. Tank

70. Peanut

71. Pepper

72. Toby

73. Chance

74. Abby

75. Annie

76. Bodie

77. Buzz

78. Leo

79. Kid

80. Dutchess

81. Tatum

82. Sanora

83. Rocky

84. Spike

85. Scooby

86. Pirat

87. Cat

88. Mercedes

89. Jasper

90. Jazz

91. Felix

92. Serina

93. Kachina Doll

94. Brook

95. Chick

96. Bravo

97. Dillion

98. Roxy

99. Nevada

100. Scooter

Boy Names:

Dylan
Ozzie
Whiskey
J.D
Cranky
Jess or Jessi
Jester
Oly
Ben or Benji
Clyde
Elmo
Freckles
Italy
Jasper
Leon
Monster
Opey
Player
Rusty
Bravo
Scooter
Whinnie
Zoro
Zip or Zippers
Cleo
Buttons
Coty
Casey
Wyatt
Tank
Shorty
Toby
Kid
Shack
Sam
Gizmo
Buster
Kuhluha
Casper
Calvery
Junior
John Wayne J.W.
Bear
Pepper
Indy
Sundance
Cat
Bullseye
Taz
Felix
Dusty
Max
Zero
Zach

Fran

Former desparate mom
I chose my puppies because I couldn't imagine not loving someone named HoneySue. She is as sweet as her name. Her brother is Cowboy.
My next two are going to be Sugar and Tex. LOL.:its_all_good:
Thanks for the suggestions.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I already have an Abbey. (15 year old parrot) :) Toss in Blackjack and Keno, and we're good. (2 year old parrots)

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Over a lifetime...... I've had......

Blackie

Santana

Mitzy

Scoots

Lucky (childhood-saved from euthanasia)

Tabetha (cat)

Shilo

Daisy Mae

Lucky (survived Momma not nursing him/ then distemper

Baby

Holly (xmas Basset)

Butterscotch (kitten Nichole was allergic to)

Sox (a stray we fed at the Hud aparts)

Lady (a stray we took in)

Seven Dwarfs names (Lady's 7 pups lol)

Rowdy

Molly

Lil Bit

Shadow (cat)

Henry (cat stray we fed)

Jo Jo

Precious (another xmas Basset)

Trixie

Betsy

Cleo (Betsy's sister)

William Wallace aka Willie (cat)

The Bruce aka Bruce (cat)

Thumper (bunny)

Carmen (turtle)

Gracie

F

flutterbee

Right now we have: Jewel, Baby Kitty (aka Holly), Puddles, Abbey and Hydro.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Neat thread!

Currently we have Taz, Cloe (both dogs, male and female respectively) and CC the cat. But in my life I've had Abbott (cat and my first word), Murphy (really good dog), Clarabelle, Tonya, CJ (cats), Gypsy (awesome dog! She played basketball. Not so great on offense but her defense rocked!), Lupe and Bo (dogs). My mom has a dog and a cat. The cat is Ratcat (I call him the little b**tard because he's Satan spawn. Seriously) and the dog is Baby. Although, Baby started out as Royboy. He belonged to a friend of Mom and Dad's who had to go on a little, um....vacation for a few months. When he came back to claim his dog, Mom had unintentionally renamed him, spoiled him to no end and wound up accidently stealing the poor man's dog. He has since gotten another one but won't introduce it to my mom! LOL

mstang67chic

Going Green
He IS!!!! LOL The stupid thing waits for me to walk by then jumps out and attacks me. He got me on the bum one time and kind of stuck for a second. I told Mom that if anything happens to her or Dad before the cat croaks, they had better make other arrangements!

difficult child actually drew a picture once of their living room. Dad was in his chair, mom was in hers, husband and I were on the couch and difficult child was in the middle of the room screaming and trying to pry the psycho cat off his head.

DammitJanet

I dont know if I can remember all the names of my pets...lol.

Growing up I had several cats (Tabby Meow, Snowball, Beethoven, and Rascal) and one poodle named Rufus.

As an adult I have had so many dogs and cats its not funny...

Pound Puppy...dog we had for a very short time because after we adopted him he kept running away back to the pound!

Sammy the female cat who had several litters...we kept one who we named Samson. He was huge but looked just like his momma. Then I made the mistake of bringing home a calico cat...omg...instant overload of kitties! The calico was named Patches but I cant remember any of the kittens names.

We got a really wonderful dog from the pound when Jamie was 2 and Cory was a newborn. Her name was Lady and she was named prior to us getting her. She was approximately 2 or 3 years old when we got her and she lived until Jamie turned 17. Very good dog.

We got a chow not long after we got Lady...maybe 18 months of so, from husband's family and we named him Rocky after the Rocky Horror Picture Show...lol. Someone stole him off his chain while we were gone one night. The boys were about 2 and 4 then. Oh I almost forgot Baby the pommapoo.

For a while we only had Lady until we got to where we live now. Then we had Gypsy, Snowy, along with Lady. Somewhere along the way we picked up Tigger the cat, Peanut the beagle, WhiteSox the cat (aka nutless), Heidi the boxer and her daughter Gretchen, Wildthang an outdoors cat that followed Jamie home one day, Gangster a little black dog of Cory's that seemed to have 9 lives, Blackie a bigger black dog that I have no idea where he came from, 3 beagles that I cant remember the names of, Maggie the Bull Mastiff, Beau a boxer/pit mix Jamie brought us, Sadie another dog Jamie brought us, and now at last I have Bailey the dog and munch and Fynn the cats. I cant remember the names of the 4 cats jamie brought here that gave us munch and fynn but their mom was precious.

I hope I am done with new animals for awhile.

Of course I couldnt possibly list the names of all the chickens we have had over the years...lol.

We had a cat named Eve (that we got on Christmas Eve)

A cat named Farrah (she was so pretty, my dad named her Farrah after Farrah Fawcett. It was 1976 after all!)

Another cat named Fantasia. My mom named her after the Disney Movie.

During the height of Mortal Kombat's popularity, I had 4 cats named Rayden, Johnny Cage, Kitana, and Milena.

Oh, and when my brother and I were really young, we named our hamsters Fluffy and Fonzie. ;)

Fran

Former desparate mom
In my neighborhood, there seems to be a huge number of labs. Names tend to be Riley,Brady etc.

I love some of your pets names. How creative!

Lothlorien

I had a great dane when I was very little. Her name was Dutchess. Then we had two Dachsunds (sp?). Gretchen and Sheizla (Sheizla was because my aunt was in Germany with my uncle and named her that....apparently it meant Sh**head. She had a weird sense of humor).

We had a shepard mix named Damien and a Short haired pointer named Baron. Then we had a Alaskan husky malamute mix named Kody.

I had a cat named Whispers, but everytime I came home, she'd roll around at the top of the stairs to my apartment and I'd say what a "pretty girl" she was so she only answers to "pretty girl." My stepmom's sister has her now.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Probably one of the most memorable cats I had was named Blue. She was a kitten stray that I hid from my mom for a good two months. I was probably only 7 or so. She was white with the most amazing blue eyes. She joined Streaker, who was named because she would chase around the house like she was possessed. They both lived to nearly 20.

Also had Sandy the Dauchsand, who produced more litters of pups that I can recall. Her poor belly hung to the floor before she passed away. I remember taking 8 pups on leashes for show and tell at school many times.

Oh, then there was Herald the gerbil who was eventually eaten by Streaker. He was 3 years old. I'd take him out into the yard and he'd come by his name. My dad still laughs about this. Not funny to me. Talk about trauma!!:angry-very:

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
OMG, we had so many animals growing up, it's hard to remember all the names. I am loving reading all these kitties and puppies names. I had a pup called Wooly, his fur was all wooly and curly, so cute. There was Pinky the cat (grey with pink eyes!),Salt & Pepper the beagles, Morgan & Moochie the bassetts, Whiskers the cat, Morris the cat, Rascal the mutt, Tom-Tom that cat, Aragorn the cat, Eowyn the cat, and the list goes on. I had my very first cat named Butterball.

Now we have our two pups whose names are Nala (after Simba's female friend in the Lion King - she has her coloring) and Sophie because H and thought if we ever had a baby girl we'd name her Sophie. They are both compact cairn terriers - very stubborn but lots of rough and tumble fun~!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I love this thread. This is fun reading.

There's absolutely no way we have enough server space for me to list all of our pets over the years, (maybe not even our current ones) but some of the favorites were Sneezey the cat (because she made easy child 1 sneeze - she was also called Fertile Myrtle or Sleazey Sneezey - she had kittens 4 times a year like clockwork). Her first couple of litters were named things like Phlegm, Booger, and Snot (gotta love pre-teen boys). We still miss her. Then we had the bout of Disney-named cats. We ended up with a brain-damaged tortoise shell named Lord Farkwad, somehow (seriously, she had brain damage). Her head was lopsided after the accident and one eye was much larger than the other, and it seems she could never quite focus on you, so she twisted her head upside down as she looked at you. She was the underdog, tho, and everyone cheered for the underdog, and somehow, she defied they odds and lived a productive life - even hunted (tho that was comic relief to watch).

We had Joe and Gunner the huskies, Humphrey and Penny, the labs. Multiple Kings and Susies and Jerry's for dogs growing up.

Now we have Carrie the schipperke/party mix mutt; Susie the heeler (ADHD poster dog); Pimp Daddy McFred, the female cat (gotta love those almost-post-teen boys); Beagle Bailey and Elmer, the beagles; GoatGoat, the fainting goat; the chickens, who come running when called (lump sum name - CHICKENS!); and our herd of horses who have their "real" names, and then the name we actually call them - Rex; Duchess (aka Duchy Doo); Patches (Doodle Bug); Jack (Wacko); Dash (Little Man); Brandi (BoBo); and Lisa and Lucy, also known as the Evil Twins (full sisters - our team - good as gold in hand, but boy, oh boy, out in the pasture....they are a force to be reckoned with).

Oh, and Jumper the turtle; Fish, the beta; and Nemo, the clownfish; Dory the Damsel; Jacque the cleaner shrimp; and Gilbert the yellow tang.

KTMom91

My sweet little Jack Russell is named Buddy. When we met him at the shelter, he came running over to me and I said, "Hey, Bud, how ya doin'?" and it stuck. We've had cats named Moo (black and white), Stormy (gray tabby), Dustbunny (solid gray), Cappuccino (Siamese), and Cobra (because his first act, upon meeting the rest of the feline family, was to hiss and strike).

Miss KT has a rat named Cadence...a tribute to marching band.

everywoman

I have three dogs at my house right now.
My baby is a Yorkie---Her registered name is Princess Penelope Peppermint---I call her Prissy!
PCdaughter's dog---well, actually she's husband's baby is a American Hairless Terrior----She is Pinkerbell---We call her Pinky
Finally PCson's dog is a Daushuand that now lives on my new back deck and is driving me and the girls crazy with his constant beying----His name is Jimmy Dean Sausage Dog---Hopefully easy child and daughter in law will sell their house at the beach and buy a new one so they can come get Deano (or as grandson calls him Ninooooo) soon!!!