A katmom update

everywoman

difficult child is actually doing pretty good. He has not been arrested since April. Today he got his license back. He is going to school and actually liking his classes. He is talking about changing colleges and moving up to the capitol of SC in Jan. (Loan Ranger---do you need a boarder--she said with a grin!) He has a friend there who offered him a job and a place to stay until he can get his own place. He seems to be clean---but you never really know for sure. He is pleasant to be around. He is doing a lot to help around the house. He is still applying for jobs, but has not been hired yet. He is still quirky---he has the oddest sense of humour---but at least he has one now that he is not zombied out by abusing zanex and cocaine.

PCson and his wife are trying to work things out. He has change jobs so she can live closer to her parents and put his house on the market. easy child is traveling back and forth and staying with inlaws some. He is exhausted and overworked but this is what he wants to do. I haven't seen the baby in over 2 months. I think that daughter in law dislikes us because of our support of easy child after her affair. I hope for baby's sake they can stay together (even if I think she is a selfish brat!).

PCdaughter is well...easy child. She will be 18 soon---I hear the countdown everyday. She will study for her insurance license when she turns 18. She is still taking classes at the local college and working 30 hours a week at the agency. She has sworn off having a boyfriend and has taken up the old fashion idea of dating----and is enjoying getting to know a lot of different boys. She is lonely. There are few young people in our small town who don't party (drinking and drugs) and she has no one to really hang out with so she spends a lot of time here. She goes to her "apartment" to sleep at night.

I am still trying to get my health back. Now I'm dealing with a cavity that is so bad I have to have a root canal tomorrow. I've never had a cavity before---and it just started bothering me a few weeks ago! My knees are better since my ortho added an anti-inflamatory to my medications.

Thats all for now. Looking back it's been a pretty good few months!

Sunlight

all good! 'cept for the root canal and knees. hmmmm sign of the times. lol
laughed when you said about "moving up to SC" lol for us pittsburghers that is going south. had to think about that one for a bit.
hey, just maybe your family is growing up and you can have a Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving... ahhhh!

Sondar

well this is refreshing! That's a solid couple of months under your belts, so enjoy the functionality of the family. Gives us some hope.

lovemysons

LOL, sorry I have to. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">difficult child is actually doing pretty good. He has not been arrested since April. </div></div> That sounds like me...just really grateful that nobodys gone to jail lately! :laugh:

I'm so glad your news is so much better than your feelings told you awhile back in the sub abuse forum. I was a bit concerned that things were going downhill.

Anyway Thanks for the update. Happy for you all...hoping easy child finds herself some good friends soon so she won't be so lonely.

(((((((((hugs)))))))))
lovemysons

everywoman

Thanks ladies. It has been hard getting used to the calm around the house. It seems like I now spend my time waiting for the next crisis (PTSD, anyone). Now if difficult child could just find a job!!!! He seems to get by doing odd jobs and such.

Kathy:
"Did you ever find comfortable shoes?"
Yes I did! I bought a few pairs of flats. I love sperry's. I used to wear them back in high school and college. easy child and I found a store with a buy one get one 1/2 off and both got a pair. They look good with kakhi's and jeans on dress down days. I also bought a pair of outrageous red patent leather loafers that I love. I just need to add more red to my wardrobe so I can wear them more. I also bought a pair of brown suede little flats to wear with skirts and dress slacks. I'm still looking for a few more pair---but at least I can put my rainbows away now and put on "real" shoes to go to work.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi everywoman. It sounds like life is percolating right along. I'm glad to hear that easy child 1 is trying to give the marriage a go. Sometimes people grow up.
difficult child sounds like he is maturing. Yay!

Your easy child sounds like mine. He was quite unhappy that all the fun stuff on weekends revolved around alcohol. The more obvious it is the more obstinate he is that he will not participate. Not much happening at college if you are the partypooper. He is doing better every week. Hope easy child finds a niche that is not harmful and she gets to enjoy a substance free life.

It's good to hear that you are feeling better. Thanks for the update.