A letter from cultured difficult child.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
When we got home from graduation parties last night, I found a folded up note on my nightstand wiith my name (mis-spelled) on the outside from c-difficult child.

She apologized for leading mom and grandma to believe I had taken her money. She said she has told them the truth, but still feels bad.

She went on to say she is thankful for a lot of things I've done, even tho she was angry at me at the time, like when I told her folks about the her missing homework back in January. Because of that, she got the homework made up in time to make the field trip for kids with all their work turned in.

I think it was sincere. She also wrote a note to difficult child 1 and said she wasn't very nice to him the last time she saw him, and she was sorry, and hoped he would forgive her.

Do I dare hope that its a step in the right direction and that perhaps somethign is getting thru?

M

ML

That is definitely a reason for feeling encouraged. What a nice note. There is hope for her yet lol.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Since I sincerely doubt mom or grandma put her up to it - what a sweet thought! Maybe she DOES see...

Marguerite

Take what blessings you can and don't look the gift horse in the mouth. Just accept and hold it close. You will need moments like this to get you through the more crud to come. There is ALWAYS more crud.

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
Sounds like a sincere apology. From most kids it would be great. From her, it is amazing and wonderful, far better than great. It sounds like she complained about you to a teacher or some other parent who knows the real story. This person set her straight or said something that got her thinking. I would cherish this letter. It may or may not change her behavior in major ways, but it shows that there is a person under there who is capable of understanding what is going on.

Give her a hug from me!